Sign in to follow this  

Why buy casegaurds? This is why!

I have been trying to get my friend to buy casegaurds and he just kept putting it off. Well now he has learned the hard way!:bonk:garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=38456So now if anyone else had felt like putting it off, think again. I am going to try a fix on his bike with JB weld and then put the caseguards on and hope it doesn't leak.

I had told him to file down the shifter, and the dumbass put that off too!!:bonk: I think I will have to remove the whole case side to remove all oil and tap the dent out and I am not looking forward to it. He is mechanicly challenged and I want someone to ride with. Guess I better get on it now.

I have been trying to get my friend to buy casegaurds and he just kept putting it off. Well now he has learned the hard way!:bonk: I am going to try a fix on his bike with JB weld and then put the caseguards on and hope it doesn't leak.

That looks ugly. Just installed my Cycra Probends and Utah skid plate today. Awaiting the TT caseguards and unibiker radiator guards from the TT store. After taking a fall last week-end (fortunetely in loose sand) not taking anymore chances.

I think I saw a left side case cover on eBay last week..:D.............don't know if it's still there or not.

Happy Riding !!

:bonk::naughty:

Hey I'm into all sorts of water sports and have used a product called Marinetex. It's the toughest epoxy repair materal out there. It would be a good thing to have for those who don't have it. All marine supply stores carry it. It lasts for ever and can with stand engine opporating temps. No, I don't sell it. Been using it for about 35yrs.

New DRZ owner

The same thing happened to me about 3 months ago. Yeah I was a dumb a$$ too. I had to take off the cover, clean it really well with degreaser and then tap it out. Don't forget to add some heat .... not too much though. I put some JB weld inside and out, it worked perfectly. No problems ..... until it fell over again before my caseguards arrived and punched a quarter sized hole in the same spot!!! Anyway JB weld will do the trick.

I had told him to file down the shifter, and the dumbass put that off too!!:bonk: I think I will have to remove the whole case side to remove all oil and tap the dent out and I am not looking forward to it. He is mechanicly challenged and I want someone to ride with. Guess I better get on it now.

Some things you need to learn the hard way.