Sign in to follow this  

What Grease Do You Use?

Im just wondering what grease you guys use to lube your steering head bearings and linkage bearings with...

Belray waterproof grease is excellent and priced reasonably.

I use a high quality Moly grease - IMO moly grease is the best stuff you can use for wear protection etc. I put over 60 hours on my suspension linkage with it last year and it still came out nice...

times 2

same here :bonk:

I have a tub on my shelf made from cardboard with a metal bottom, it hasnt changed much over the years.

I have the belray water proof stuff in the tub, like 4 bucks, the green stuff, I LOVE it! like impossible to get off (good thing)

When I went to buy grease, they had some Lucas Oil High Pressure Marine Grease on sale. Decided to give it a try, on the back of the label it has all the characteristics that seem good for bearings. Water repellent, some high pressure characteristics, and said that it works perfect for bearings in moist conditions.

Although, next grease would probably be high pressure Moly or Belray.

I have a tub of Mobil "Mobilgrease HP: Multipurpose Premium Grease" and says, "Is a multipurpose, high performance, high temperature, lithium grease that provides exceptional resistance to water wash out and prevents wear."

Would this grease do the job?