Sign in to follow this  

valve issues fixed?

I'm considering a crf250x or a ktm 250 XCF-W

are the valve issues fixed on the crf250x?

Not interested in excuses for why they fail, just what honda has done, ie a simple answer, are they still failing, or did honda at least change part numbers to fix the problem?

Better get that KTM 250 XCF-W; the valves are exactly the same on the '07 (X and R) as they were on the '04 (X and R).

I won't bother you with any excuses or other comments... :bonk::naughty::D

Better get that KTM 250 XCF-W; the valves are exactly the same on the '07 (X and R) as they were on the '04 (X and R).

I won't bother you with any excuses or other comments...

Yes, the valves may be the same. But the valve seat have changed to increase valve life.

which year heads got the new valve seats?

I found a good deal on a crf250x i'm gonna probably get

no engine mods, but it has guards & recluse on it already, it's a 2005 and has not ate valves yet

I read there's a 700 $ solution that I can do on here, but I"m not really sure what it is, is that whole new head with stainless parts?

It is probably referring to the RHC Head with coated steel valves not stainless.. But I am getting stainless put in and hope it is my fix!

do a search Ron Hamp will sell you an 07 head with HIS valve train installed.

Bullet proof i'm told, for about $700. I have an 05 with no problems so far, but if i do i will give him the call and order HIS head.

Yes it's fixed!!! By Ron Hamp:prof:

I have 20 motor hours on mine and I had to adjust the intakes .001 after 15 hours. When I first set them up I knew they weren't exactly right .005-.004 but wanted to run them and break in the motor. I'm at .005-.006 now. The exhausts are both at .011 also.

I've been digging, what exactly does the 700 $ rhc fix include, new ported head and all top hard parts minus the cam and lifters ?

I've been digging, what exactly does the 700 $ rhc fix include, new ported head and all top hard parts minus the cam and lifters ?

Yes, basically that's it!!:bonk:

You should call and or pm Ron,cuz your not gonna get a ported head and new valves for 700.00.It is a little more.It's unfair to everybody to quote someone elses prices.Call Ron and get the facts.In the end you'll be happy.

no porting its just a new 07 head with all my parts and its lerss than $700

Airboy: I would have gotten the 07 head with RH mods had I kept it. Instead, I got an xcf-w. Rider

I recently bought RHC's 2007 Honda R head with his valves/spings etc. for my 2006 250X. Too early to tell as far as wear, but he is a delight to deal with. Very noticable increase in low end with the '07 R head, just as he said would happen. 👍

Mike in Minnesota

Ron did my 04. New ferrea valves and his spring kit. I also needed valve guides. All that installed in my stock 04 head and it has worked perfect for 2 years now. No problems at all.

I think it was $450 installed.