Sign in to follow this  

Wiring A E Headlight On A Sm?

just wondering if anyone has any experience wiring a e headlight on a sm.i recently purchased a japan spec sm light off forrest,which is nothing more then a blue e headlight and was gonna try to wire it up tomorrow,they have two different types of plugs so i was wondering what the easiest way to wire it would be.thanks for any input.

What you want to do is make an adapter wire harness. One end plugs in to the new headlight and the other end plugs into the existing harness. The problem is comming up with compatable plugs and connectors.

I believe the difference is that on the E model you have only 1 yellow wire and on the S you have 2 yellow wires. Just splice the yellows together with some proper splices and you will be good to go. I just did one last week and it worked perfect.

i appreciate the info guys, i was hoping it would be that simple.i didn't get a chance to do it ,but i did get to take a look at it and the only real difference I see(besides two different plugs styles) is the e has two yellow and the s or sm doesn't so im thinking it will be pretty simple.and the harness is a good idea,i probably would of just gone ahead and soldered them together not really thinking ahead.thanks again