Sign in to follow this  

Recall Notice + Reimbursement Offer Came Today

The official recall notice from Honda arrived today. No real new info about the recall other than the new camshafts should begin arriving in dealerships after the first week of April. That is also what the Honda customer service line rep said. One thing that is a pleasant surprise is that the notice also includes a form that allows people who have had a cam failure to apply for a full reimbursement of the repair - parts and labor. Good for Honda. :bonk:

Yup..me too:thumbsup:

Glad to see Honda step up to the plate and take responsibility. KTM would just ignore it:thumbsdn:

My recall notice arrived Sat. Just got back from riding the wife put another 100 miles on the 150 this weekend no problems.

Got ours as well this weekend. Dealer said 3 weeks for parts though.

ben

Yeah ... got ours today.... :naughty:

We just trail ride ours... but its nice they stepped up and addressed the issues.... :bonk:

Nick

Note that it says you can use this "update" until March 23rd 2010. No need to even do it yet if you don't want to. I do not race, nor subject my bike to the situations that seem to be popping the cams. Offer good for three years, pretty sure it would be better fro me to wait a couple years and really tire the thing out, then get it installed.

Note that it says you can use this "update" until March 23rd 2010. No need to even do it yet if you don't want to. I do not race, nor subject my bike to the situations that seem to be popping the cams. Offer good for three years, pretty sure it would be better fro me to wait a couple years and really tire the thing out, then get it installed.

I was thinking the same thing :bonk:

The official recall notice from Honda arrived today. No real new info about the recall other than the new camshafts should begin arriving in dealerships after the first week of April. That is also what the Honda customer service line rep said. One thing that is a pleasant surprise is that the notice also includes a form that allows people who have had a cam failure to apply for a full reimbursement of the repair - parts and labor. Good for Honda. :bonk:

Too bad there wasnt sufficient testing on the 150R setup to avoid the entire problem alltogether. I guess it is better than doing nothing, but it still doesnt change the fact that many of you with cam problems are waiting around for the next few weeks for parts to arrive to ride your bikes. I will never again buy a Honda for as long as I live.

Posner

I will never again buy a Honda for as long as I live.

Posner

You don't even ride a Honda, troll.

Every manufacturer experiences problems, even your KTM.

I think Honda did the right thing stepping up to fix the problem. This is a brand new engine platform, I knew that when I bought the bike for my wife, and I expected some problems. The fact that Honda jumped right in a put out the recall goes a long way. It took KTM over a year just to come up with a oring for the gas cap to stop it from spewing gas all over your pants(But I love my KTM's even with the possibility of my riding pants catching fire).

honda KICK ASS!!!! I could not belive how much power the 150R had for out of the box stock!

i support their worthiness. they probably were in a rush to make all the 150r's before the major amatuer races. 👍