Sign in to follow this  

GASGAS FSE 400 (2003 Lean condition?) Euro Map?

Hello,

I have no dealer support in Boise Idaho. It is my belief that my bike is running on the factory, ie: European mapping. It is exhibiting lean tendencies, no power down low, bogging even if I hit it really hard.

I've spoken with Bob at Daisy sales and discussed the idea of the "blue wire" mod on the 05's, and he's telling me that the same applies with the 2003's. I am unable to connect this thing to the software, as no dealer here will touch it. When following Bob's advice, there is one major loom of wires that plugs into the computer, and two that pull out of the loom and ground out to the body of the computer via eye hooks. He told me to disconnect the blue one and voila, race mapping. The trick is, neither is blue, both are black.

If you have a 2003 electric guide, as I am, the computer is part 37 and you can see the two wires coming out of the loom. One of the wires does have a lower guage than the other if that helps.

I've got this thing finally starting properly, and I feel like I am within inches of it running perfectly.

Thanks for your advice.

Hello,

I have no dealer support in Boise Idaho. It is my belief that my bike is running on the factory, ie: European mapping. It is exhibiting lean tendencies, no power down low, bogging even if I hit it really hard.

I've spoken with Bob at Daisy sales and discussed the idea of the "blue wire" mod on the 05's, and he's telling me that the same applies with the 2003's. I am unable to connect this thing to the software, as no dealer here will touch it. When following Bob's advice, there is one major loom of wires that plugs into the computer, and two that pull out of the loom and ground out to the body of the computer via eye hooks. He told me to disconnect the blue one and voila, race mapping. The trick is, neither is blue, both are black.

If you have a 2003 electric guide, as I am, the computer is part 37 and you can see the two wires coming out of the loom. One of the wires does have a lower guage than the other if that helps.

I've got this thing finally starting properly, and I feel like I am within inches of it running perfectly.

Thanks for your advice.

Hmmm Rings A Bell This:busted: Dont Think That The 2003 Had This,Later Bikes Are Completely Different. Throttle Body Cured It. How Lean Is Lean? Glowing Header Pipe After 1 Min? 2 Min? 3 Min? Of Idling.

Once Mine Was Fitted The Guy Altered What He Could Mapping Wise.

Think Of Starting With A 185 Main Jet And 48 Pilot Jet,He Leaned It Of To Something Like 160 And 40 And My Old 400 Really Flew.

Have You Changed The Temp Sensor In The Top Coolant Hose? Have You Checked The Wires From The Stator Are Good,Give The ECU Its Out Earth Cable To Battery And Fit A Couple To The Engine To Frame At A Couple Of Points.

How Tight Or Loose Are Your Valves? Have You Adjusted The Throttle Cable At All?

Oliwally! There you are. I was hoping you would pipe in.

I've got the thing running almost perfectly, it just has a little bog off the bottom. I believe now that removal of the exhaust baffle will get things moving. Did you ever repack the Arrow exhaust? It's so tight it won't come out. Soaking in Diesel right now.

The suspension on this thing is amazing, and it's starting very easily now. I don't have a computer to tweak the mapping with, nor is there a dealer nearby to touch it. Yes, I stupidly adjusted the throttle cable, trying to keep it idling. It is idling well now, and in fact a little fast, so I may take it down a notch. Valves just checked and to spec.

No glowing head pipe, just a little bog off the bottom.

I'm going to try to open the exhaust up a bit now!

Thank you!

PS E85, or 85% Ethanol runs pretty good in this thing.

Oliwally! There you are. I was hoping you would pipe in.

I've got the thing running almost perfectly, it just has a little bog off the bottom. I believe now that removal of the exhaust baffle will get things moving. Did you ever repack the Arrow exhaust? It's so tight it won't come out. Soaking in Diesel right now.

The suspension on this thing is amazing, and it's starting very easily now. I don't have a computer to tweak the mapping with, nor is there a dealer nearby to touch it. Yes, I stupidly adjusted the throttle cable, trying to keep it idling. It is idling well now, and in fact a little fast, so I may take it down a notch. Valves just checked and to spec.

No glowing head pipe, just a little bog off the bottom.

I'm going to try to open the exhaust up a bit now!

Thank you!

PS E85, or 85% Ethanol runs pretty good in this thing.

The Bog Could Be Down To The Throttle Potentiometre Being Wrong Due To Cable Being Too Tight Or A Dirty Injector Cause A Wrong Spray Pattern

Think You'll Either Have To Work Around The Problem Or Find Someone Who Has The Hardware To Fiddle With It. Think Ducati Used The Same Injection For A While?

Never Touched The Exhaust Other Than Take It Off To Change The Shock Spring.