Sign in to follow this  

TTR 125 Suspention

Just picked up TTR 125 for my 12yr old. Bike runs great and he's having a ball. My 14yr old jumped on the bike and cam back and said the suspention on his Mtn. bike was better. I didn't really check it out but I put a little weight on it the front and It sure feels pretty lite duty to me. Any way to improve it.

Thanks

Hey, that sounds like a good start, I read a sticky on the TTR and a post outlining replacing with YZ85 parts. Sounded good but more than I wanted to do at this point. Are the springs a Yamaha part or after market. What do I need and where do I get em.

Thanks

I have now installed a set of 2000 rm80 forks (not the inverted ones) and they are longer and stronger than the ttr forks. I will test em out, and give a full report on how they work once I get the yz85 rear on and going. They will be for sale also. I have a set of kx85 Factory Connection Works forks on the way so I won't be needing these. Just thought I would show that these forks will work, and work good. Note, these can be found cheaper than the inverted forks. Shoot me a pm if you are interested in buying. Pics will be soon.

I think were on to something here. I'm thinking the eazy solution is 1st replace with 20w oil and see what that does. Thanks for that suggestion.

However that sounds to eazy. My oldest son weighs 115 and growing. I'm thinking new forks and rear spring might be necessary. I understand the concept of revalving but don't know how to get this done.

Could any of you comment on what kind of improvement going to the 20w oil will do. As is the shocks bottom out with almost no effort.

Thanks guys

BBR motor sports makes after market springs. You should get a service manual if you don't already have one, it will tell you all you need to know for working on your TTR.

BBR springs are like everyone in the same house wearing the same size shoe-every use and person is different, therefore it won't be quite right.

Get the proper springs, so that the rate is matched to your weight, and riding type (trails, MX etc).

Give Cannon Racecraft a call-they really know their stuff, and they do not believe that it's a "one size fit's all" world- http://www.cannonracecraft.com/

Going to a heaver fork oil like 20W will slow the movement of the forks down on compression and rebound. Its kind of like a poor mans revalve, but make no mistake it will not be as good as having them revalved and finding different springs for your riding style.