Sign in to follow this  

525 exc 50 state legal?

I desperately need verification of the 07 525 exc being a 50 state legal bike. Is there a web site that verifies it? If you have one, what stickers are on it and where? I found a good deal in AZ, but need to know if I can reg. in CA without a hastle. Help me please. My DRZ was a hastle because it said federal emissions and did not specify California emissions.

Do a search on this topic. I has been discussed quite a bit lately.

You won't have any problem getting it registered. I bought my '07 525 EXC in Kansas. The emissions sticker is on the front downtube and specifies that the bike meets federal AND California emmisions regs.

Buy the bike and enjoy. Very fun motorcycle. The necessary mods to get it to run properly after you get it registered have been covered in detail on this and other forums.

I ride my 07 450exc to the park and meet up with my riding partner on his 07 525exc, ride all day then ride home. Yes there even street legal in California!

Thanks everyone. I picked-up an 07 525 in AZ for a killer price. Even after CA tax and tags I should still be about $600-800 under CA. price. Bought a few extras--should have bought more--my wife overheated before the bike, but boiling point is boiling point----right?