Sign in to follow this  

Upgraded Carb

FCR 35. Fourstrokeworks. $600-700 last time I checked. Well worth every penny.

The best, IMO, an FCR35 from Four Stroke Works (FSW). It's not cheap at around $600.00 but you will be able to bolt it right on. Jerry at FSW will also get it dialed in real close for your elevation and supplies a few spare jets. You can probably get a Mikuni set up for a little over half the cost. Many of the guys on Kawasakiforums.com KLX 250s forum are using the Mikuni TM 33 bored out to 34 from a guy called Bill Blue I believe. He also sets it up to be a straight bolt on. Search FCR35 or pumper carb and you will come up with a lot of info. The FCR35 really transforms the bike and gives it the instant throttle response the stock CVK carb lacks.

If you've reached the end of the line with the stock carb, my recommendation would be to spend the extra dough and go for the FCR. If you look at past threads, it becomes the obvious choice. Until I can afford one, I'll continue to make due with the CV (God, it's so hard to type through these tears....).

The best, IMO, an FCR35 from Four Stroke Works (FSW). It's not cheap at around $600.00 but you will be able to bolt it right on. Jerry at FSW will also get it dialed in real close for your elevation and supplies a few spare jets. You can probably get a Mikuni set up for a little over half the cost. Many of the guys on Kawasakiforums.com KLX 250s forum are using the Mikuni TM 33 bored out to 34 from a guy called Bill Blue I believe. He also sets it up to be a straight bolt on. Search FCR35 or pumper carb and you will come up with a lot of info. The FCR35 really transforms the bike and gives it the instant throttle response the stock CVK carb lacks.

there websites to price either the bill blue carb or the fcr35?

four stroke works website seems to be doa