Sign in to follow this  

WR air jet help needed - quickly

Just posted this in the WR forum. any help appreciated:

Need help quick - 07 WR450, air jet won't bottom out

I'm installing the Yamaha jets that came with the bike. Includes a 110 air jet. Dirt Bike article says it goes in mouth of carb, where there is no jet currently. There are 2 holes there - 1 is a needle air jet - I removed the stock jet & tried putting the supplied air jet in there but won't thread in (this is the hole on the left as you are looking at the carb mouth - new air jet is bigger in diameter). apparently the right hole is for this air jet, and it threads in but does not bottom out & stop.

So, is the 110 air jet necessary? What does it do? What happens if I don't use it?

all help appreciated & thanks in advance.

Thanks, Eddie. Oh, there's confusion alright. With the bike/manual I got a needle & some jets - main, pilot, leak, and 1 left over. It is shorter but slightly larger diameter than what Yamaha calls the "pilot air jet" on page 4-15 of the factory manual. As you face the carb mouth, there are 2 joles - the left one is for the "pilot air jet,", and the other one, according to the Dirt Bike article (Dirt Bike, March 2007, p. 68), is an "air jet" which "sits in a tiny hole in the mouth of the carb. In stock form the hole is empty." They even indicate that it is a new thing that most people have never heard of before. Anyway, a friend came by & after modifying a screwdriver, got the new "air jet" to seat in the right hole in the carb mouth - the "pilot air jet" goes in the left hole. If you have access to Dirt bike, March 2007, a picture of the Yamaha-supplied jets is on page 129, and the "pilot air jet" is the one beside the pilot jet. I'll scan it & try to send you the picture.

I don't believe I disabled the air cut valve - if I did it was by accident & I don't know if I did. I'm sure I didn't - I just replaced the jets & needle & left the rest alone.

so you are trying to put a 110 jet in the center "air jet" hole?thats the main air jet.

110 sounds way off to me.

110 is more like whats needed as a "pilot air jet".