Sign in to follow this  

Solution to the dreaded 06-07 Bog

Here is what I did on my 2006! The thing has absolutely no bog or hesitation whats so ever! Spend a little time jetting it and testing what works and what doesn't! Putting a smaller carb on it is only restricting air flow and in a little back that can add up to some HP! First off, do the AP mod (450 threads) and go from there. 1st off shave the rivet on the diaphram down to 2mm, and hen follow the rest of what it tells you to do in that thread! Now this is what I ran for jetting and it was spot on to a T! I ended up getting this from putting it on a Dyno JET Dyno 250 that has the oxygen fuel piece that tells u where it is rich and where it is lean at! So here is my Jetting after the AP MOD! I guarantee you won't have one hesitation after this!

168 Main

40 Pilot

NHFT needle you can get this from any Honda dealership

3 clip down from the top

2 turns out on the fuel screw

45 leak jet

Remove the Float Bowl baffle out of the bowl of the carb!

It is a metal piece in the bowl and it comes out with to small ALLEN SCREWS!

Almost 900 Ft! I started with Pro Circuits base line jetting for Sea Level, and went from then! I'am a Frequent user of a AIR DENSITY GUAGE to to help with the jetting in the chaging climates with the humidity and everything! I race in alot of different states throughout the MIDWEST and it helps alot!

My stock leak (06) was a 55. all stock jetting and a shaved rivet at sea level. No bog whatsoever. Really improved the grunt.

My stock leak (06) was a 55. all stock jetting and a shaved rivet at sea level. No bog whatsoever. Really improved the grunt.

Mine had a 70 in it! N for SEA LEVEL the jetting I gave u should be pretty close! U might have to mess with the main or pilot a little!

I thought that the float baffle was that plastic piece in there. Any clarification?

This carb has 2 Float Bowl baffles! Your right the plastic piece around the MAIN JET is one! The Other is the Metal Piece in the bowl that takes up half of the bowl! When I talk to both PC and White Brothers they both said to remove it cause it is taking up fuel space! Which in return they told me that when u land from a jump, it has alot to do with the bog! Cause theres not enough fuel in the bowl to feed it back quick enough to the carb! Hint the Smaller Leak jet to get a stronger squirt from the AP back to the slide!

Could only get the 168 main at chapparall today but I put it in and it works great so far, even with the WB dual slip-ons. Will track test it this week at comp edge. As I've said before I think that we're on the right track with using a bit smaller jets than have been suggested before.

remove it cause it is taking up fuel space!

I seriously doubt that the volume of the baffle plate makes any real difference in fuel volume. I'm not bothering to calculate the actual volume but it cant even be a milliliter (thats a 10mm cube!)

Is bogging even an issue on 07s??? :bonk:

Yes....more so if you are a woods rider and whack the throttle alot.

2 fixes 1) Tokyo Mod or AP mod 05 Carb 2) White Brothers insert

Yes....more so if you are a woods rider and whack the throttle alot.

2 fixes 1) Tokyo Mod or AP mod 05 Carb 2) White Brothers insert

I'll look into it if it becomes an issue.

I took the baffle out but agree that it can't take up much space. Dunno what they put it in for