Sign in to follow this  

Moose air filter junk

Just trashed a brand new Moose filter. The base is cut too small and dosen't fit over the airfilter seat. So out come the scissors...and a short while later..Waaa La! cut too big and into the garbage the pretty, new, expensive filter goes.

Thinking about it..I don't see how the thick, firm, Moose filter base would ever fit right since the filter cage normally pinches the thin, stock filter base onto its seat when mounted.

Just trashed a brand new Moose filter. The base is cut too small and dosen't fit over the airfilter seat. So out come the scissors...and a short while later..Waaa La! cut too big and into the garbage the pretty, new, expensive filter goes.

Thinking about it..I don't see how the thick, firm, Moose filter base would ever fit right since the filter cage normally pinches the thin, stock filter base onto its seat when mounted.

:naughty: Sorry for your loss there buddy. The TwinAir element is a bit small on the ID as well and I've considered wacking it open a bit more.... NOW I'll probably take a bit more time to make sure it is centered on the raised section it fits over instead of suffering your fate...... :bonk:

If I cut it perfect it would have worked. But, you can't tell how much you need to cut because, of course, you can't see jack when you put it in place. Back to stock I go.

I too just recently bought a moose filter with the same problem mentioned.After about 45 minutes of fighting I got it to fit and it seems to formed itself around the ridge (for lack of a better term) and it seems to be sealed.While I had the seat off I put a piece of filter material from a lawnmower in the carb breather.:bonk: