Sign in to follow this  

fcr 40mm on a ltz 400

i am getting ready to put a fcr 40mm on a o4 ltz400

the current mods are athena 434, old style hot cams stage 2, 3/4 timming chain, thinner drz base gasket, drz valve springs, fmf high flow header, scorpion slipon, alum air box, k&n filter w/ outer ware, ex air box to head boot, drz carb to head boot, and a dyna rev box

i am not shure were to start with the jetting, once i get this thing in

i am about 900-1000 feet (ohio)

i was think about a 175 mian 45 pliot , the ncvg neddle in the middle

on the leak jet i have to ideal were to start, or should i just block it

what kind of rage of all the jets should i get

thanks in advance

meade

it is off a 06 crf250, it was a new take off, i will be using the cable and twist throttle

i am not sure what the " flat intake bell" is

i went to http://www.sudco.com/ and looked at the diagram of a fcr carb and could not find it, what is a good set up?

i know alot of people w/ simlar mods run this carb w/ good resluts

i just dont know how to get it set up, i am a 2-smoker guy and new to quads and 4 stokes,

if you could please walk me though on getting it all set up i would be very greatful

what is my frist steps, i have the carb to head boot and carb to air box boot to make the thing fit

if you was doing it what would your 1st, 2nd, 3rd.........steps be

thanks eddie, people acrossed many fourms has reccomended you

the intake bell on the crf and yzf carbs are not removeable.they are intended to be used with the respective stock air boots that serve as the velocity stack.

just clamping a filter or another air boot to the cabr can result in tuning issues due to major turbulence at the air jets becuase of the sharp transition the air has to make.

it will run,but it isnt optimum.

your best bet is one of these

fcr1.jpg

fcr2.jpg

http://www.nossmachine.com/honda_quad_parts.htm

is top of the air box you are using open?

yes it is a alum. air box , modded and sealed to use a k&n filter, the top is open

if you want to see a pics of the box, and all other mods i am doing http://www.z400central.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=69176.

i am checking out the the noss adpator now, i need to oder my jets monday, any way you can give me a range of jets to buy

thank you for the link to noss machine

i was looking at the noss bell, does it replace the carb to air box boot, or would i cut / shorten the carb to air box boot so the noss adaptor will fit in?

the adapter is pretty short.should not need to cut anything.

jetting should be

170 main jet

EMN needle

clip 3

45 pilot jet

100 pilot air jet

2 turns fuel screw

60 or so leak jet

o-ring ap linkage.

thanks eddie, i was just looking over your bike....looks like you got some serious experience w/ these suzk 400 motors

those jets is with the noss adaptor right.....i think i will be adding it to my list

thanks again....meade

i got the carb running very well thank you for your help,

i still have the stumbel when i turn the throttle fast from low speed, i did the mod where you hold the throttle wide open then adjust the srew to the stop then wire them togetor, it runs perfect every were else

right now i am at 170 main, nvcq needle 3rd from top, 45 pilot, 100 air jet and a 65 leak jet

the jets you gave me was right on, i went up and down on all of them but ended back with the ones you gave me,

my question is what you do do from here to fix the low end stumble, would it be easier to block off the leak jet, or is it worth it to get it dialed right, if it would be worth it what you be my next step

thanks eddie