used 2006 yz250f

i went to the local dealer today. and i was looking looking at the new 07 250f when i saw a used 06 250f. i went over and its in fairly good condition. minor scratches. the levers are scratched up a bit. it has a powerbomb header. the left side shroud graphic is pealing and thats about it. i checked out the tires, chain, sprockets, brakes, cables, started it. everything was great. it sounded different from a new 06 250f, but im guessing that is from the Powerbomb. it is listed for 3995$. DO you guys think this is a good price for this bike sry no pics.

I think thats a decent price for an '06. But you are going to pay a lot more for it. Tax is another couple hundred, and they tack on their "dealers fee" of about 500$. Go for it if you want, but unless you have a couple money tree's in the back yard, I'd look in the classifieds or on craigslist. just my opinion i guess

Ask the dealer if the Valve recall has been done to it? Also ask if their is any other fees involved? If all is good offer $3700 and see what they say? I have an 06 that the recall work has been done. I have about 30 hours on it and no problems. The way I understand it is Yamaha will do the recall for whoever owns the bike (does not have to be original owner).

I picked up a used '06 for $3750 from a private sale, felt like I got a pretty good deal. It was a better deal after I dumped a some bux for a HC big bore, wave rotors, triple clamps, tires, drive train, graphics, and suspension re-spring / revalve and still paid less than a new '07. (:bonk: yeah, I'm bragging) I'd say $3995 from a dealer isn't too bad (but I'd still try to hammer them on the price).

Dealers always have 'fluff' built into thier prices, especially cause they dont give crap on trade-in on dirt cycles. Offer them 3200, they will counter with like 3800. Tell them you will think about it and ask for the salesman's name and work number/ext.

call back in a day or 2days, call him by name, and tell him you like it but think 3500 is a better ballpark, I bet you walk out of there with it for 36-3700 plus tax. Dont pay any other fees except they may have a $50ish documention fee you cant avoid.

by the way, i worked at a bike dealership last summer. They love when you walk in there an only ask for 100-200 less, as that is a given to them. So start way low, you can always come up.