Sign in to follow this  

How do you build your jumps?

I'm just wondering how you guys build your jumps? Heres how I make mine.

Step one dig a big hole with a shovel.

DSCN0421.jpg

Step two make a jump with shovel.

DSCN0422.jpg

Step three have fun.

DSCN0423.jpg

I know its not that big but it takes a day to get that far. I can't believe that that jump bottoms the suspension on my DRZ hard. My back still hurts.:bonk:

I'm just wondering how you guys build your jumps? Heres how I make mine.

Step one dig a big hole with a shovel.

DSCN0421.jpg

Step two make a jump with shovel.

DSCN0422.jpg

Step three have fun.

DSCN0423.jpg

I know its not that big but it takes a day to get that far. I can't believe that that jump bottoms the suspension on my DRZ hard. My back still hurts.:bonk:

Rent a cat for a weekend, you can build a whole track.

Rent a cat for a weekend, you can build a whole track.

yeah do that. see if you can get couple friends to pitch in. the couple of thundred bucks it costs to rent one doesnt seem as bad when 5 or 6 people are chipping in.

We have a cat skid loader and a backhoe but its not my land the guy that owns it just lets me ride their and mess around. He does not want heavy equipment. My dad owns a construction business. Sometime we will buy that land and then I will build a track. We own about an acre and a half right now.

IMG_0400.jpg

After I'm done with this fine relic, then comes the trackloader, then finally the rake and shovel.

Man that's alot of hard work. Do it that way and build the track and in about 2 months you will be ready to take on Tyler "one punch" Evens with one arm tied behind your back.

pretty much the way you just made yours! haha, except for bicycles...and we put the dirt on both sides of the hole. and WALA! a double has been formed

I borrow my grandpa's bobcat. But when I can't use it I'll use a shovel too. The shovel doesn't get me far though just if I need to fix up a berm or something.

i use my pops ford backhoe. it does the job really well, im making a track right now and my friends are helping me and what not and im puting some sweet ass doubles and step ups. maybe i'll put a step down and im making it on 12 acres so you get the idea. i'll put some pics up later tomarrow probably.

i guess it's all about land and land. i have a good job at a big CAT dealer and can have anyhting i want, but don't have anything to do with it...but hook people up...which i don't do, because i belong to tracks and the guys i ride with have no land too. i guess i'm a "land loser."

I pile up logs then dirt then more logs then more dirt until i get to the last foot or so of the jump then just dirt goes on and i let it slide down the sides and make sure all the faces are packed, then use a packer and roll the bike on it alot, then jump it a few times and then add more dirt, wet it, pack it, roll it, ride it and the process continues but soon youll have a realy hard packed jump and youll be set for awhile.

I pile up logs then dirt then more logs then more dirt until i get to the last foot or so of the jump then just dirt goes on and i let it slide down the sides and make sure all the faces are packed, then use a packer and roll the bike on it alot, then jump it a few times and then add more dirt, wet it, pack it, roll it, ride it and the process continues but soon youll have a realy hard packed jump and youll be set for awhile.

What's a "packer"?

edit- Used for dirt ONLY :bonk:

What's a "packer"?

Boy if that ain't a loaded question you might not want to know the answer to.:bonk:

I use a bobcat for most of my jumps, or my dads Case Tractor with a scoop bucket.

What's a "packer"?

edit- Used for dirt ONLY :bonk:

its a big like 15 pound flat thing that you use to pack down the dirt

My family farms so I use a D3 dozer, tractor and bucket, and front wheel assist tractor hooked to an earth mover to build my track and trails.