First race in 15 years!

Well I entered my first race in over 15 years.....Boy am I tired! It was perfect weather and I couldn't keep myself from temptation. I entered and raced the 29 Palms GP today and my KTM was perfect! I was amazed by how stable it was especially on the high speed rough sections. While other bikes were wiggling and slapping around, My EXC was confident, stable and insane fast. My suspension was spot on and gearing.... everything was perfect except for the old fat guy on the saddle. By the end of the race I could barely hold on but thank goodness for my stabilizer. Racing is a good thing I can't wait till the next one. I had no idea a bike could work soo well! Guess who won the super senior class...Ty Davis' dad! who is over 70 years old! That's inspiring

29palmsgp.jpg

Gosh that's a great pic! I love 29 Palms! Great job out there! So I gotta ask......did you race with the plates on?

I raced with the stock plates and zip-tied the transponder to the front fender brace it fit like KTM designed it for that. My poor bike was covered in mud but I got her all clean and back by the fireplace now.

Good for you old goat!!! Keep it up, do the USDR series too. And the Desert Scrambles in D37.

I plan on it. especially the local events in Johnson Valley and I hear of an enduro in Big Bear I never rode an enduro before it sounds like fun. Plus, all these sore muscles feels great!

I raced my first hare scramble at 38 years old and I must tell you it was wild. Never did anything like that before, but your right it is exciting to imagine how long my could do it with the age brackets. I was sore for days and walking was painful for a week(inner thighs) but I wanted to do it again almost immediately after I could move. The older I get (41 in 2 weeks) the longer the recovery but I still feel young enough to rip it up with the youngins. I had a 19 year old ribbing me about how he beat me to the checkpoint by 18 seconds because I'm OLD and slow. In the end I embarrased him by showing him that he left the start 3 minurtes ahead of me, so I beat him by 2:42. Also I rode on a stock CRF230F and he rode an 03 XC all set up for this racing. Point is its the rider not the bike and we old farts posess experience that all the bike in the world cannot surpass. :bonk:

Good luck and enjoy, remember these are even better stories than those fishing ones.