Sign in to follow this  

Gearbox vent?

I guess if I posted a question about what graphics to put on my bike or what front tire to use I would actually get a response.:bonk:

I guess if I posted a question about what graphics to put on my bike or what front tire to use I would actually get a response.:bonk:

Need a tissue?

Maybe nobody in this forum has felt the need or had to swap heads on thier bikes, henceforth the non response.

BTW, why would you want to put an "R" head on your "X" ?? The 07 R's have a head more similar to the X so I would think the X head is just as good if not better performing.

BTW II....Go look at an R and see how the issue is handled.

:D

Feeling neglected Mexi?! :bonk:

... I think the issue is not many have an R head on our X. No reason to really go with the R equipment, unless your just not happy with how it performs. And I think 99% of the X owners on this forum are happy customers.

That's why your not getting a response.

If you ask a question everyone knows about... you'll get everyone's response. :naughty: .... what's nice, is you don't get a bunch of BS responses from X owners who know nothing about the topic. You get good factual info when you get a response.

... oh, and I have no idea how to answer your question 😛 ... I don't have an R head on my beloved X. :bonk:

(DD... you and I must have been typing at the same time...)

:bonk:

... I think the issue is not many have an R head on our X. No reason to really go with the R equipment, unless your just not happy with how it performs. And I think 99% of the X owners on this forum are happy customers.

If a person is not happy with the X performance IMO a high comp piston and maybe the "R" cam/header would solve any issues, throw a mild port job in the mix and you end up with a monster.

Need a tissue?

Maybe nobody in this forum has felt the need or had to swap heads on thier bikes, henceforth the non response.

BTW, why would you want to put an "R" head on your "X" ?? The 07 R's have a head more similar to the X so I would think the X head is just as good if not better performing.

BTW II....Go look at an R and see how the issue is handled.

I was feeling neglected but now that I had some responses from the x forum gurus I feel much better. :D then :bonk:

BTW - First, I am not installing an R head. The reason I ask about the vent is I have a big bore and cam I need to install. I was hoping someone would have some experience with relocating the vent, especially since the starter takes up some of the space. Yes, I can copy the R but why not see if someone has had some experience? I just find it hard to believe that no one has modified the vent???

BTW II - I don't give a rat's ... about how great or powerful the X is stock or the whole 'you should just be happy with it because everyone else is', or 'it has more power than you can use' nonsense. I like the the way a big bore rides and I don't get the same results with port/polish and high comp....there's no replacement for bigger displacement!

BTWIII - I'll post some pictures of the new vent when I butcher it, I am sure it will be good for a laugh.:naughty:

BTWIV - I prefer Pirelli MT18's. I didn't ask, I just spent the 50$, rode it and decided for myself.

BTW V - how about an XR650R ?! :D

... no need to get all by "the way" on us! :naughty: You could have explained that in the first post and got a much healthier response.

BTW VI - I prefer SS valves, 1 quart in my tranny, and Flatland Rad guards. :bonk:

:bonk:

mh,I spoke with n- motion tech they are producing a big bore cylinder for for the x its supposed to have the vent in it. hope that helps:thumbsup:

adam

just put a oneway valve in the hose and stick up as high as you can and tie it up. dont "t" it in to the crankcase vent you will get a slight vacume on the gear box

BTW VII my doctor said my nose wouldnt bleed so much if I just kept my finger out of there.:bonk:

IMO my cats breath smells like cat food

Rickybobbymexihonkey ???

What kit did you buy??

I bought the Athena. I have an Ice Cube on my 450r and have been very satisfied.

BTWVIII - Ricky Bobby is a national treasure and should get his head carved on Mt Rushmore......right next to Joe Dirt.

BTW V - how about an XR650R ?! :bonk:

Got one:thumbsup:

BTWIX - Thanks for the info biketard and mike 3rd. Do you happen to have the web address for the big bore kit for the x?

If a person is not happy with the X performance IMO a high comp piston and maybe the "R" cam/header would solve any issues, throw a mild port job in the mix and you end up with a monster.

I'm without the cam and header just with some mild porting and a higher compression piston. I think it is perfect and rider fatigue is minimal. That's important to me as is having some grunt when I need some power to the ground and I'm two gears too high and can't reach the shifter....This happens more than I like but when the terrain changes from smooth to giant whoops and I have to scrub speed before I can downshift (skill thing) that extra bottom end power is very handy. I can see where a stroker crank or big bore or both would be nice but I'm afraid of those things.........Never know which way a broken rod is going to go:busted: