Sign in to follow this  

Barnett clutch kit

I just ordered a carbon fibre barnett clutch kit. Now i did a search and it seems like no one has good opinions about the aftermarket clutch kits. This kit is supposed to come with fibres, plates and stiffer springs. My stock clutch started to slip so i decided its time to replace it. Was this a bad idea, should i have gone stock. Its too late now but are the barnetts or any other kits in general bad??

I havent used anything but stock , but I dont see you having any problems , I dont think stronger springs are needed though , a stiffer clutch pull doesnt sound good :bonk:

on the flipside, if you go with stiffer springs the clutch action will be tougher so using it will strengthen your hand. Could coem in handy if you are left-handed and are watching your favourite adult movie.

With my experience, The after market clutch kits, with the exception of the big name expensive ones (hinson, pro circuit, ect) they are just not worth the money saved, gotta go OEM if your not going to drop a hinson in there.

I just finished installing a Barnett basket, OEM hub, and TUSK clutch kit...

Only a short ride so far, and I love the clutch feel, I just hope the tusk kit holds up. The barnett basket is TOP notch....

There is a reason why there are so many bad comments about anything other than stock.

get stock or you will have problems.

James

I have had very good luck with Barnett. I have been using them in several bikes and quads.:bonk:

i have a barnett kit, and love it, although it is the kevlar kind, but it grabs hard, and dosent slip still with many many hours on it :bonk:

When I had my wr 250f I could not get any of the clutchs to hold, Hinson is my first choice but I put a barrnet kit in and it held like a rock it wasnt slipping or anything. When it comes time Im going full out hinson on my 450