Sign in to follow this  

New MX practice track(s) in Cleveland TN

I'm looking to open a MX practice track(s) on 55+ acres in Brittsville TN, which is 15 min N/W of Cleveland TN, 30 min north of Chattanooga TN. The riding area will have a main track for experienced riders, an intermediate track for less experienced riders, an 80cc track and lastly a PEE-WEE track for the small bikes. The tracks will be prepped and watered with flaggers for safety. The cost will be $10-$15 per bike. There is lake access minutes away with a boat ramp, which may lead to overnight camping for an additional $10. Before I commit I would like to know how many and how often riders might use this facility. The track hours would be 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday. If enough would like to practice during the week then we may open a day or two. Thank you!!! and pass the word. If this pans out there might be a new track for southeastern TN soon.

I would be interested, so would the guys I ride with. We usually ride at the Mountain, Shiloh, Twin Peaks and a couple private tracks. Another track would always be welcome. Let me know if you end up opening!

THANKS for the reply. I got an insurance qoute and want to make sure I can pay the mortgage. I'm looking to find out how many riders and how often they will visit before I do this. I'm not doing this to make money, but then again I'm not going to do this to lose money. THANKS AGAIN and please tell your friends to visit this posting.

Before I commit I would like to know how many and how often riders might use this facility.

I would be there at least once a month... and I can tell you that many Nashville area riders would be more than interested. Please send me a PM as soon as you are open for business!

i know myself and about 15 other riders in knoxville will be there on a regular basis

Thank you for the head count.....it's still a waiting game at this point....gathering info, etc....I'll up date on anything new.

i'm from there, where the hell is Brittsville? are you in Meigs county? I new track would definitely be a plus. contact larry at "all things extreme" up on signal mountain, he could be a good resource for you.

Brittsville is just over the Bradley Co. into Meigs CO. It's off Hwy 58, south of the lower river. And thanks for the contact info.

I have thoughts of doing same thing here on my property in Westmoreland,TN(1 hr north of Nashville).I have promoted two Mid'south harescrambles here...would like to build a couple of motocross tracks and open up for both woods and mx practice. Any interest out there??

Brewtality42,who is quoting the insurance for you,none of my local ins. companies are very interested in this high risk coverage....thanks

Hey topflightxl1- Jason Pennington with Motocross Riders Association 18904 FM 1488 #201, Magnolia, TX 77355, (281) 356-7676 TEL, (281) 259-1933 FAX, http://www.joinmra.com qouted the insurance. The insurance is based upon, among other things, the type of MX track and number of riders per year. Of couse because I don't actually have the track open, my number of riders was a pure guess. I believe I told him between 2500-5000 riders per year which will cost 15K-20K per year.

No need for special insurance if you have a lawyer wright up the sign in sheet. We are opening a practice track in ohio next month. We already went through all the red tape.