Sign in to follow this  

Works Connection Radiator braces

How many of you have them and what everyones opinion of them? Plz dont tell me why rad guards are better....I am asking about the braces.

Guards actually arn't better because they restrict airflow more than the stock fins.

I have experience with the WC braces and they are an easy install on most bikes. They're strong too, as long as you don't completely pile-drive the bike.

How many of you have them and what everyones opinion of them? Plz don't tell me why rad guards are better....I am asking about the braces.

I used them on a CRF450R and now on a YZ250 and they work great. Both times it was with a oversized tank. I had all kinds of crashes and they seemed to hold up great.

I would have no problem putting them on a new bike.

Whoop!

Paul

I have works connection rad braces on my DRZ400E I have had it for about 2 years now and drop the bike on its side a few times with no bends or problem. They fit great and are easy to install.

I have the worksconnection rad braces on my crf250r, I'd have to say they are great/excellent :bonk::naughty: for their product, they do their job well.

I just put some on my bike. The only thing I don't like is that they push the rad shrouds out a bit on my bike. I am going to half to elongate the bottom mounting hole on both shrouds and get a longer bolt make them work. They do look like they will help save the radiators.

I have them on 3 of my bikes. Quite simply, they are cheaper than a radiator. I had a 70 mph get off that resulted in my 500 AF flipping in every possible manner and no side was spared a turn whacking the ground. Both radiators and guards are still perfectly in place. A guy stalled right in front of me in a turn at an MX track. My front wheel hit his rear wheel causing me to drop the '01 steel frame CR500 straight down on the left side. Again, both the brace and the radiator look like nothing happened. (Yeah, I know; don't watch the guy's rear wheel.) I personally think they are worth it.

Worth it and work. Had them on my CRF250, multiple crashes, no tweaked radiators.

Just installed a new set on my CRF450 yesterday. Well built and fit right.

They're insurance. A new rad is $200. These are $50. Simple math.

I had a set of WC braces on the bike, and they do help, but not as much as I needed-they assisted in adding strength to rad, and prevented totally destroying it, but still allowed it to get "tweaked" a bit-my WC braces now sit on the shelf, and Unabikers now grace my rads.

And that bit about guards causing overheating-BS-I have temp strips on my bike, and almost exclusively ride tight, slow woods, and can honestly say it cools better with the flow-through guards rather than the angled louvers.

The difference between the two, is while the guards will help prevent twisting, they do minimal prevention in the department of crushing, and that's where the Unabikers are top notch-mine feel almost as solid as part of the frame.

They work great on my 05 CRF450X. Easy to install and have taken some good crashes without any damage. I wouldn't hesitate to run them on my next bike as well.