Sign in to follow this  

buying new bike need help

im looking to move up to a 250f what would you guys suggest to be the best choice?

im looking to move up to a 250f what would you guys suggest to be the best choice?
-What are you moving up from? I had an '03 YZ250F but i came off a '97 RM250. I missed the big bore power and was bored with my 250F in one month. Don't get me wrong the 250F's are GREAT bikes, but once you have 250 2-smoke power, only a 450 will do...........:bonk:

i think the 250 is plenty power for me. i mean i love riding my dads 450 (07 crf) but i couldnt live without my 06 crf250. how old n big r u man?

im movin up from a yz 85 cuz im like 5/6 i can sit flat footed on a 250f but which ones the best im lookjin at a yz250f or kx250f

All of the new 250f's are great and will last if properly maintained, so try and get out and ride them all and pick the one that you like the best, IMO I would be picking between only a YZ250F and a CRF250R for my next bike...

well all i know is that im getting a yz250f, i have read so many reviews it not even funny, probably read every major dirtbike magazine.

crf250f: in a nut shell overall is good but the new 06 and 07's have a little bit of a carb bog problem, the valves have a tendancy to go out of spec but most fourstrokes need to be periodically checked

Yz250f: the yz is the easiest to ride due to and incredibly smoot power band. it dosnt have the bottom end pull of the honda or the suzuki, but the middle and top are good. suspension is awesome, by far the most stable bike going into and out of corners(after you switch the front tire)

rmz250: alot of people have said it has the most consistent motor. the motor pulls hard all the way through the power band. #1 handling rails like nobodys business.

sxf250: The powerband is similar to the yami but kicks in earlier and goes longer. will beat all the bikes to the end of a 5th gear straight. from what i hear the suspension is a little bit wierd at first because of its diffirent, but once you get used to it its fine but not great.

kx250f: kick ass motor. the midrange is insane, although the bottom end isnt so great, the suspension is good but not great. the motor is enough to persuade most people, and kawasaki is a great company for their riders.

that is just a breif decsription of the highlights for each bike

I'd go kx250f. The last shootout I read it won. They seem to be great bikes and the mags love their motor.:bonk:

im movin up from a yz 85 cuz im like 5/6 i can sit flat footed on a 250f but which ones the best im lookjin at a yz250f or kx250f

If you're 5' 6", you aint sitting flat-footed on a 250f. I call BS.

If you're 5' 6", you aint sitting flat-footed on a 250f. I call BS.

i agree......just get your self a pack of M&M's or skittles and eat the whole bag...what ever color you have left wil be the bike you get...elminate some colors:bonk:

all the 250f's are a good choice...and considering it is your first 4 stroke...you will love any of them...my top 2 would be the KX250f and the YZ250f

yea idk i gues im taller than 5/6 ive grown alot in the past months but i was at the track yesterday and my firends got a kx250f and i sat flat footed but it mightve been set up for a smaller rider cuz hes kinda short too and but thanks for the help:thumbsup: all i know is that my bikes toast the clutch went out and the suspensions blown from two practices haha

like someone said before for 2007 all the 250f are so close. Your best riding other peoples bikes and seeing what fits u best.

You'll need to change your avitar... CRF250R. :bonk: