Sign in to follow this  

2007 RMZ250 for woods

I'm thinking of getting an 07 RMZ250 mand setting it up for woods riding. Does anybody have any experience or opinions?

Thanks...

just did my first hare scramble last week with my 07 rmz250, during the laps i couldn't wait to get into the woods portion cause thats where i pulled away from guys. its an awsome woods bike, the bike loves the tight stuff, just stayed in 2nd and 3rd and let the torque do the work. placed third. so i know it wasn't the rider doing all the work!!!

I have only a few hours on my 07 RMZ250 but I personally think it would make an incredible trail bike.....the low end is awesome, and responds great to a little clutch when you need it.....No gripes here, and mine is still bone-stock!

I'm coming off a 03' CRF450.......and I definately don't miss the CRF!!!!

I think its a great bike for woods riding. I did go with a 49t rear since most of the riding I do is fairly tight and technical. I also added a x-ring chain, cycra hand guards and a works connection glide plate. I weigh 200+ so the stock supsension works fine for trails, but not for the track. If I were start riding at the track more I would definately go with stiffer springs.