Sign in to follow this  

Looking for people to ride with in Central Iowa

Title says it all. I am just looking for some guys to ride with, I'm not really into riding tracks, just trails and parks. I'm not a complete beginner, but have only been riding for a year and a half. (I rode quads previously...Shhhhh). I live in Clive, and usually go to Bussey or a friends acreage, but wouldn't mind at all going to some of the other parks.

Also, are there any Midwest or Iowa forums where I might find other Iowa riders?

Please email me: urlosin@mchsi.com

Doesn't look good for this weekend, hopefully it will dry out soon.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott-

A handful of us from the DSM area try to get together and get out at least once or twice a month. Went to Chadwick last weekend.

Not sure what's going on next, but if it doesn't stop raining, my bike won't be coming out of SM mode any time soon.

paul

Scott,

Yeah, not much in central Iowa for good riding. Paul and I try to get out somewhere about once a month. When the weather dries up I'll post up about riding down at Bluff Creek. Last week at Chadwick was pretty good as long as you have brakes that work and a tire that isn't bald. I could be talked into another Chadwick trip later this year.

I would suggest trying an enduro or harescramble. Good days ride on land you wouldn't normally get access to.

There is a good ride up in Minnesota in May and September, may want to check that out.

Paul, Doug had no brake pads left, that's why they weren't working. He dropped it off at the shop, so hopefully it won't cause any more problems.

Eric

• Like 1

If your ever in the Kansas City area, check out my website at www.kcrider.com for some good riding areas in both Missouri or Kansas. Milford Lake in Juction City, Kansas is my favorite of all riding areas and it would be good for a two day trip.

Give me a holler if your ever want to try out Milford Lake.

Also you might check out KTM Talk at www.ktmtalk.com for other KTM riders in the Iowa area.

Rick

I like the same kind of riding as you. I'm up in NE Iowa. I ride to area parks, ect. Going for a ride today before the rain and snow start up again, lol

Title says it all. I am just looking for some guys to ride with, I'm not really into riding tracks, just trails and parks. I'm not a complete beginner, but have only been riding for a year and a half. (I rode quads previously...Shhhhh). I live in Clive, and usually go to Bussey or a friends acreage, but wouldn't mind at all going to some of the other parks.

Also, are there any Midwest or Iowa forums where I might find other Iowa riders?

Please email me: urlosin@mchsi.com

Doesn't look good for this weekend, hopefully it will dry out soon.

Thanks,

Scott

Im in West Des Moines in the summer when im not in school and am always looking for people to ride with. Haven't made it to Bussey yet but am planning to this summer although I hear it gets pretty packed on the weekends. I will be making a Chadwick trip sometime in early July that's open to whoever wants to go.

ejensen, do you ride the harescrambles? Ive never raced any before but am wanting to try some this summer.

Oh and Rick it looks like me and my bro are going to head down to Milford Sun April 15th. Im excited to see what its all about. You going to be down there that day?

Thanks, for the posts. I am tied up this weekend (April 7th) going to Mid-America Motorplex over near Council Bluffs for some road racing. I wouldn't mind getting out the next weekend though hopefully somewhere within an hour or two of Des Moines. PM me or email me and we can get hooked up.

As far as the Harescrambles, do they have a total beginner class? I ate to say it, but I can rip through the woods fast on a quad...not so much on a bike...yet. I would love to do it if I'm not going to get run over.

Bunch of Central Iowa riders here... We tend to hook up at Bluff Creek.. usually a good time. Bring your brauts and a bottle of pepto of you eat WR200 mans nasty onion brauts...

I'm up for Milford Lake on the weekend of April 15th.

Just keep reminding me.

I'm up for Milford Lake on the weekend of April 15th.

Just keep reminding me.

What are the details on Milford Lake ? Location ?

Thanks

John

John,

Milford Lake is the largest lake in Kansas and is located North of Junction City, Kansas. School Creek riding area has about 600 acres of PRIME riding. It consist of many trails, wide open area riding, mild hill climbs, EXTREME hill climbs, jumps, even a sand pile area. Its been my favorite riding area for the last 7 years.

Check out www.kcrider.com and click on School Creek for pics and directions. If you want more details, just shoot me a pm.

Rick

• Like 1

i hear a lot about bluff creek. do you have to have the iowa sticker to go there? is it worth the time to go there? i heard it was all quads

You do need to have a DNR sticker to ride there. There is a decent variety of terrain, most of the trails are quad width, but this is Iowa, and we take what we can get. You can have fun there riding all day, if you let yourself. Last year a handful of us would take Tuesday or Wednesday off and meet up there. Despite what some might think, we managed to have fun and go home tired. If you go during the week you will have the place to yourself.

paul

What are the details on Milford Lake ? Location ?

Thanks

John

John-

Not to hijack the thread, but how's that new 525 working out for you? Do you still have the DRZ and the 220?

Are you going with us to Theilman in May?

Tried to get to Marshalltown for the SM race on Saturday but it was rained out. Next one is on the 21st. I won't be graceful, and won't be fast, but I will have fun...

paul

i hear a lot about bluff creek. do you have to have the iowa sticker to go there? is it worth the time to go there? i heard it was all quads

Bluff Creek is well worth the trip if you haven't been there. I have been going there for about 8 years and still have fun. The trails are pretty much all quad width, but most aren't rutted too bad. I have always had a sticker, and they do check from time to time.

Chadwick is West and South of Springfield, Missouri. Its a small town, but the riding area is like 50,000 acres of the Mark Twain National Forest.

If you go to my website at www.kcrider.com and click on Chadwick, we have pictures and directions.

Rick

John-

Not to hijack the thread, but how's that new 525 working out for you? Do you still have the DRZ and the 220?

Are you going with us to Theilman in May?

Tried to get to Marshalltown for the SM race on Saturday but it was rained out. Next one is on the 21st. I won't be graceful, and won't be fast, but I will have fun...

paul

Paul

I sold both the DRZ and the KDX last weekend.

"Are you going with us to Theilman in May"

Somehow I missed this. What are the details ? This is in MN correct ?

What is the date of the ride ?

John