Sign in to follow this  

toyota saves the day for land rover at rowher flats

so today at rowher flats we encounter some carnage at rowher flats. we roll up on about 20ish brand new land/range? rovers on a dealership tour and this is what we see. (keep in mine everybody was okay)

Mar31_001.jpg

so being a tacoma owner i start talking crap to the dealers that were on site:p

ok heres one of todd posing for the carnage

Mar31_003.jpg

so the dealers and the other drivers are still talking about how capable it is.(as i say yeah didn't do too good down that hill did it)

so the "dealers" try to bring it down the hill with one that has now tow hitch no nothing like attached to the bumper

Mar31_006.jpg

Mar31_008.jpg

Mar31_009.jpg

so after no luck and one guy almost getting killed cuz he thought it would be a good idea to stand next to the tow strap while they tried to pull it! and the tow strap just pulled off the dark rover and shot back toward him.

along comes a little 20k toyota tacoma just minding his own business Mar31_016.jpg

and low and behold he has a winch (imagine that a toyota owner having the proper 4X tools and a range rover not having them) so they get the rover all hitched up ready to pull over (BTW how many landrover peeps does it take to tie a strap?)

Mar31_011.jpg

anyway the toyota suceeds in righting the rover thus saving the day

Mar31_017.jpg

not to tottaly bash on the rover but they did manage to crawl that thing back to camp with the door open and smoke billowing. and for the record yes i am a tacoma owner but i think the rover is a nice vehicle but there was so much arrogance on tha part of those people i just had to get my digs in i mean really go offroading with stock low profile street tires in a brand new sticker in the window truck? and the last thing i said was i yelled out "yaaaay toyota saves the day" we then left becasue i think they wanted to string me up hahaha

one last pick todd squishing the rover.

Mar31_012.jpg

sorry for the quality it was my camera phone

• Like 2

I was riding at Rowher today too. Those ignorant SOBs wouldn't wait for any bikes to pass a pinch point in the trail. They slowed down as if they were going to let us through first, but they just swerved directly into our path. I was already committed by then, so I had to breathe in and hope for the best.

I'm just glad they trashed one of their own vehicles instead of my bike.

Boy oh boy... Glad no one was hurt, but that was pretty funny...All I drive is Toyota. Oh and one 1969 Volkswagon Westfelia pop top camper (2nd owner 1982). but I would not try any hills over 25% with it.

I was riding at Rowher today too. Those ignorant SOBs wouldn't wait for any bikes to pass a pinch point in the trail. They slowed down as if they were going to let us through first, but they just swerved directly into our path. I was already committed by then, so I had to breathe in and hope for the best.

I'm just glad they trashed one of their own vehicles instead of my bike.

Yeah, they were throwing around the hollier than though attitude. We were being cool until they started acting like a bunch of @$$'s. Thats when Julian started in with the anti rover talk and I was LMAO :naughty::D:bonk:

RUOR - Rich Urban Off Roaders. Glad to see they actually had to get OUT of their little leather sofas and let the dirt touch their loafers!

Hey, I am the guy on the Blue Suzuki DRZ400S, that was unexpected entertainment on Rowher Trail. I run into the Land Rover group again at about 2:00 PM they were on top of the hill having a picnic.:bonk:

from what they said she was coming down it and turned into the side or something and hit a rock and lost if from there and once she got a little sideways the topheavyness just continued to bring it back over. we heard the lady talking and she said this was only the second time she had taken it offroad. but yeah there is a nice little rock ledge there not as bad as lookout but steep enough

For the most part the Range Rovers are very off road capable. I've seen some in pretty amazing places. That doesn't mean every Range Rover driver is capable though. People buy one and think is suddenly makes them an expert.

This reminds me of a humorous incident last fall when a bunch of TT'ers rode together by Lake Arrowhead last fall, we saw what looked like the L.A. Hummer Club (21" wheels, lo-profile tires, big loud stereos, lotsa chrome) clogging up the 4WD road from Deep Creek to Crab Flats), those poor fat vehicles were just stinkin' up the trail, too wide to negotiate the technical stuff, no winches or jacks, looked pretty hopeless for a bunch of $50,000 pimped rides. While they were stuck, noticed they had a few red checkered tablescloths on the side of the road, some beer and wine in coolers, so I suppose they were in a sense .. prepared.

Maybe the Range Rover club would like to try the Deep Creek to Crab Flats route, the law of "natural selection" is still in effect ...

Lazyracer

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the driver makes the call to their insurance carrier.

R

People buy one and think is suddenly makes them an expert.

Sort of like...buying a KTM ?...........:naughty:

BTW..went there yesterday,and noticed they left a bunch of trash.Four fender flairs and a windshield.:bonk:

Sort of like...buying a KTM ?...........:D

BTW..went there yesterday,and noticed they left a bunch of trash.Four fender flairs and a windshield.:naughty:

THAT SUCKS!!!we were thinking abuot that back at camp i am going to try to remeber the name of the dealership and call them to tell them to get someone back up there to pick that crap up f-ing retards!!!:bonk:

btw it was symes of pasadena

www.symespasadena.com

This is bullsh@t. Everyone should call the dealership as well as the forest service and let them know how you feel about littering on public land. :bonk:

update i called symes land rover and told them that they need to go and clean up their mess (lalane representitive) so please this coming week if anybody is heading up to rowher flats and you see thier mess still there please PM me and i will make some more phone calls

thanks

nuther update just called the forest service and let them know about the windshield and the crap they left. so if you guys all get the chance please make the calls alot of us ride this area and the last thing we want is to have this place closed down becasue of trash

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when the driver makes the call to their insurance carrier.

R

Sooo, your were driving off-road huh, I'm sorry but your claim is DENIED!!!!