Sign in to follow this  

toyota saves the day for land/range rover in rowher flats

so today at rowher flats we encounter some carnage at rowher flats. we roll up on about 20ish brand new land/range? rovers on a dealership tour and this is what we see. (keep in mine everybody was okay)

Mar31_001.jpg

so being a tacoma owner i start talking crap to the dealers that were on site:p

ok heres one of todd posing for the carnage

Mar31_003.jpg

so the dealers and the other drivers are still talking about how capable it is.(as i say yeah didn't do too good down that hill did it)

so the "dealers" try to bring it down the hill with one that has now tow hitch no nothing like attached to the bumper

Mar31_006.jpg

Mar31_008.jpg

Mar31_009.jpg

so after no luck and one guy almost getting killed cuz he thought it would be a good idea to stand next to the tow strap while they tried to pull it! and the tow strap just pulled off the dark rover and shot back toward him.

along comes a little 20k toyota tacoma just minding his own business Mar31_016.jpg

and low and behold he has a winch (imagine that a toyota owner having the proper 4X tools and a range rover not having them) so they get the rover all hitched up ready to pull over (BTW how many landrover peeps does it take to tie a strap?)

Mar31_011.jpg

anyway the toyota suceeds in righting the rover thus saving the day

Mar31_017.jpg

not to tottaly bash on the rover but they did manage to crawl that thing back to camp with the door open and smoke billowing. and for the record yes i am a tacoma owner but i think the rover is a nice vehicle but there was so much arrogance on tha part of those people i just had to get my digs in i mean really go offroading with stock low profile street tires in a brand new sticker in the window truck? and the last thing i said was i yelled out "yaaaay toyota saves the day" we then left becasue i think they wanted to string me up hahaha

one last pick todd squishing the rover.

Mar31_012.jpg

sorry for the quality it was my camera phone

LMao dude.. awesome! great picture story... too bad the Rover drivers were all idiots. They are some freakin NICE trucks, very very capable too

yeah they are very capable vehicles very nice too there are just some places you shouldn't take them in stock form.

i had a "JEEP rescue" sticker on my Taco. good thing i was air locked front and rear with a 10k winch and 35's.