Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone had this happen?

:D I have a brand new 06' CRF250x. Last week I rode it 10.5 miles in the woods with my boys, it ran great. Today we drove to meet some friends and while waiting I put 2 miles on it for a total of 12.6 miles on the bike. Our friends had shown up so I stopped at their rig and shut my bike off. When I got back on 10 minutes later and tried to start it with the button, it would try but not move. I then tried to kick start in and could not move the kick starter. While my buddy took our sons riding I ran to the dealer. They did a quick check and found that the piston had hit the spark plug and mashed the gap closed hard. I left the bike there for them to tear into and hopefully Honda will step up.:bonk::naughty:

ive never even heard anything like that. sounds like all the bolts keeping you rod connected to the crankshaft werent tightened properly

ive never even heard anything like that. sounds like all the bolts keeping you rod connected to the crankshaft werent tightened properly

No bolts on the con.rod,crank is pressed together.

Wow if that was your first ride, they BETTER step up.. and not only repair but fix what caused it... Keep us posted! Good luck buddy you seem to be handling it a lot better then I would!

Wow if that was your first ride, they BETTER step up.. and not only repair but fix what caused it... Keep us posted! Good luck buddy you seem to be handling it a lot better then I would!

Ya, stuff like that just shouldn't happen.

It's so bad, I can't do anything but laugh and hope they come through. It was actually the start of my 2nd ride. It's a good thing my buddy was late and I was sticking close to the truck or it could have been much worse getting back.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hey I have some bad news, I went to change my oil filter today and the big o-ring that holds the seal so it doesn't let any oil out got ripped and it was leaking. And I was just about to go riding and test my new cam on a dirt bike track for the first time.:D:bonk: :bonk: :naughty: But hey, at least mine wasn't as bad as yours, so I'm not complaining. Good luck man, I hope everything comes out alright:thumbsup: