Sign in to follow this  

head gasket head ache

my head gaskets don't seem to be working well. i just got a new one for my 85 cr125 but it already starts to push water out the radiator overflow. not alot of water like when it is blown, but a steady drip. it is the type of head gasket that is three thin aluminum plates and no crimped center ring. my head mating surface is fine, no dings.

has anyone ever seen/used this kind of gasket and not had it work well. can i get a better gasket or am i stuck with this weird one?

HRC uses the same type of gasket on the cyl. bases with no problems. i would guess that the head is warped on your bike. you might try moose gaskets. i think they use a traditional coated one peice gasket in thier kits...i have been using moose gasket sets for the past 10 years with not one problem to note...:bonk:

Your head is probably warper, take it off place it on a flat surface like a plane of glass to check. It's it's warped it needs to be replaced.

checked today and it is warped, i should have noticed before cause it has a tight spot when fitting it over the head studs :bonk:

thanks, you guys are great!