Sign in to follow this  

KDX200 Plug?

What plug and gap do you run on a KDX200? The dealer gave me a NGK BR9ES. Pretty sure that is too cold and the spec calls for BR8ES. Either they are wrong like they are on everything or they know something I do not about this. Possible I suppose hence my asking here.

Maybe they gave you a 9 because it gets hella hot in AZ.

How's the budget, have you got to my guesstimate of 4500.00.

You know you may have a point there.... I'll check with them to confirm that fact. I still suspect he got confused with my hybrid and gave me a KX plug though.

LOL, you were so right brotha. I am >$5K. That said all the parts were had for <$3K. I then rebuilt everything. Suspension, bushings, seals, gaskets, rake pads and the put on a full top and bottom rebuild and bought a new Talon Front wheel to boot.

In the end I was not satisfied putting on used parts as is. I even sand blasted the frame, painted the bike and then stripped it and sand blasted it again. I am now powdercoating it. I was not satisfied with the paint. Then I got new bars and Applied clamps and silencer and graphics and tirs and tubes and what not. Heck I have $1500 just in new parts for it.

It can be done for 3K for sure but a decent product will be closer to $4000 and mine is closer to $5500 and more like >$6K but I don't talk about that becasue many on these forume get siccker shock and wonder why do it and all that as if by doing that I could be out of a house and get a car reposessed and am down right stupid. Heck I spent $40K modding a $20K car. Dirt bikes are stupid cheap. If you are doing it do it right or don't bother is kind of my lifes stance on things but it is not for everybody and rightfully so. Shrug.

I figured if I was doing it I might as well do it all the way and end up with a new bike. I cut no corners and compromised nothing. Except for a used faded rear Talon hub whch I will replace when I replace the tire in a few months. It is an eye sore.

Oh, I am having the powdercoat clear coated to boot to make the metal flake silver powdercoat shiny and lusterous.

BR8ES

9's will foul. I mistakenly got a BR9ES one time and fouled it out. Problem was, I looked at what plug it was, and bought more of them. After fouling about 4 plugs at low speeds I looked in the manual and realized I was an idiot.

Ahh Ok then it is typical dealer stuff. Know nothing one mistake after another. I have a huge misadventure with another dealer trying to true a rim a week ago. I am pretty down on dealer compentancy at this point.

Thanks I'll take it back.

With the airbox opened and an aftermarket silencer and the stock pipe in the middle I assume the stock jetting is still correct?

$6K :bonk: I had no doubt you would do it right if not a little over the top, but you have what you want and if it performs the way you expect it's worth it.

You'll pay a little more $ but give a BR8EIX a try some time . . .

Final Assembly starts Wednesday night. Muahahahaha!

And the Chant begins....Pic's...Pic's...Pic's...:bonk:

Just hoping that my Son's 86 kx125 comes out 1/2 as nice..

I run a br8es in one of my seadoos. Good plug if jetting, and fuel mix ratio is correct.

Ahhh is that your boy doing it? I know another kid is doing it who talkd to me by email once or twice from ebay. Aaron I think? Have him contact me for what ever he needs.:bonk:

I can get him through it.

Assembly starts Wednesday. It is going to be good. It has been 3 1/2 months since I started collecting parts. Just got new brake pads and exhaust gaskets. That was the at of the parts. C'mon powdercoater!

You know you may have a point there.... I'll check with them to confirm that fact. I still suspect he got confused with my hybrid and gave me a KX plug though.

LOL, you were so right brotha. I am >$5K. That said all the parts were had for <$3K. I then rebuilt everything. Suspension, bushings, seals, gaskets, rake pads and the put on a full top and bottom rebuild and bought a new Talon Front wheel to boot.

In the end I was not satisfied putting on used parts as is. I even sand blasted the frame, painted the bike and then stripped it and sand blasted it again. I am now powdercoating it. I was not satisfied with the paint. Then I got new bars and Applied clamps and silencer and graphics and tirs and tubes and what not. Heck I have $1500 just in new parts for it.

It can be done for 3K for sure but a decent product will be closer to $4000 and mine is closer to $5500 and more like >$6K but I don't talk about that becasue many on these forume get siccker shock and wonder why do it and all that as if by doing that I could be out of a house and get a car reposessed and am down right stupid. Heck I spent $40K modding a $20K car. Dirt bikes are stupid cheap. If you are doing it do it right or don't bother is kind of my lifes stance on things but it is not for everybody and rightfully so. Shrug.

I figured if I was doing it I might as well do it all the way and end up with a new bike. I cut no corners and compromised nothing. Except for a used faded rear Talon hub whch I will replace when I replace the tire in a few months. It is an eye sore.

Oh, I am having the powdercoat clear coated to boot to make the metal flake silver powdercoat shiny and lusterous.

I have been keep track of your project and am one person that under stands its not about money, its about the doing it. I am close with my 2000 KDX sitting next to a 2003 KX 125 I am about to part out , after riding a friends 06 300 EX its a smooth bike but I am just this close to it ride and performance wise with my KDX I just need to revalve the forks. Of course I get razed about you should just buy a new bike. now for you guys that are about to rant about KDX being close to a KTM this is the list of things done to the KDX. Fredette racing built the engine,plated,ported, cylinder,milled head,carb bored from 33-36 , 10oz flywheel wieght,vf3 reeds, FMF woods pipe, turbine core2 shortened 4 inches. showa rear shock built for the KDX by MX-Tech, 98 KX front forks, CR high mini bars,Tall seat foam, gripper cover, 05 KX foot pegs,and ss brake lines.