Sign in to follow this  

Good Idea- Remove Front Sprocket Cover?

Had one of the muddiest rides on this bike yet. One of my main concerns were how much mud/grass etc. was clogged up in between the chain & sprocket cover. Do you woods guys run without it or no?

i'm no woods guy but DONT run it without a case saver. i didnt like my plastic one so i bought a five-ten case saver. if you run without one, you have a high chance of gettin a rock in between case and chain or having your chain come apart and destroy your case

I took the sprocket cover off mine and cut out right where the sprocket is so that it could clean out, but I left the rest so that I dont get a rock in between my case and my sprocket.

Had one of the muddiest rides on this bike yet. One of my main concerns were how much mud/grass etc. was clogged up in between the chain & sprocket cover. Do you woods guys run without it or no?

Just take the outer plastic piece off and run just the case guard. You'll need shorter bolts or use the spacers out of the plastic cover.

It's the first thing I take off when I get a bike.

• Like 1

Yup +1 for metal case saver, shorter bolts but no plastic....

Just picked up a Fastways case saver off ebay, 12.00 bucks shipped!:bonk:

I wouldn't run one of those, the OEM X guard extends further around. If you throw the chain with the shorter one it bunches up on top of the shift shaft and then it's major carnage.

Oxparts.com

The stainless case savers from them are polished and inexpensive.

On sale now for $6.95 includes shipping

Love mine:applause: :bonk::naughty: