Sign in to follow this  

If you live in Vegas..please read ( tourist)

Hi guys

I stayed in the paris hotel two years ago...and there was this good bike store about 20mins busride away from the hotel...it is near a huge big walmart on a main road..but the bike shop is on the other side of the road...do any of you guys know what shop I am talking about? Well I will be in Vegas in about 2weeks and was wondering if there are any other good bike stores ( gear,pipes etc) or is that the best one?

Thanks alot in advance

Cyclegear usually has decent prices on stuff, there's one off of Pecos and Sunset and one off Meadows and Decatur.

Then there is Cycleshop, smaller shop, will probably need to order whatever you need so that's outa the question if you're visiting.

Stay away from the main bike retailers like Carter, they will rape you with prices.

Im not sure what shop you're referring to, pretty much everything in vegas is "20 minutes away" as it's a pretty small city

I know Cycle Gear is on the same road as a WalMart, but its quite a ways down the road from it...

I personally like Best Cycle on Trop/95. Darren and his boys will definately hook you up. They've got tons of parts, gear and what ever else you need.

Best Cycle is cool, but on the wrong side of town for me. I'm partial to Sam's Cycle Supply. I've known Sam for a few years, and he ALWAYS takes care of me. The guys over at Racer X are cool too. The place to buy gear is the 50% store over on Trop and Eastern!! It's like the Bellz Outlet mall for gear!! Everything is listed at full retail, and they take 50% off at the register. I've purchased Tech 8's, Tech 6's (for my 8 year old), pants, jerseys, gloves, goggles, and a sweet Ogio bag! Everything is "last years" model, and they can't guarantee any particular thing will or won't be there, but that place is AWESOME!! I'm just waiting for a helmet that I like to come in!! :bonk:

The place to buy gear is the 50% store over on Trop and Eastern!! It's like the Bellz Outlet mall for gear!! Everything is listed at full retail, and they take 50% off at the register. I've purchased Tech 8's, Tech 6's (for my 8 year old), pants, jerseys, gloves, goggles, and a sweet Ogio bag! Everything is "last years" model, and they can't guarantee any particular thing will or won't be there, but that place is AWESOME!! I'm just waiting for a helmet that I like to come in!! :bonk:

Whats it called

There is Dirt Addictions on Boulder Hwy, right accross from the "Library". Great people there, but they are a small shop and might have to order what you need.

John in Vegas

Whats it called

Cycle Accessories Outlet.

As far as Sam's goes, Ive never had a good experience with them. Theyve ordered wrong parts, and priced gouged me many times. The TT store is right down the street from Sam's and will get you anything a lot cheaper than them for locals.

Best Cycle is cool, but on the wrong side of town for me. I'm partial to Sam's Cycle Supply. I've known Sam for a few years, and he ALWAYS takes care of me. The guys over at Racer X are cool too. The place to buy gear is the 50% store over on Trop and Eastern!! It's like the Bellz Outlet mall for gear!! Everything is listed at full retail, and they take 50% off at the register. I've purchased Tech 8's, Tech 6's (for my 8 year old), pants, jerseys, gloves, goggles, and a sweet Ogio bag! Everything is "last years" model, and they can't guarantee any particular thing will or won't be there, but that place is AWESOME!! I'm just waiting for a helmet that I like to come in!! :bonk:

I got my Troy Lee Designs SE helmet there for $210...

I buy ALL of my stuff from the TT store. :bonk:

But the place you are talking about it Cycle Accessories Outlet www.50offgear.com They do have some screaming deals, just the selection is hit or miss.

If you want a pair of riding pants OR a jersey, it's great - just don't expect to get anything that matches. They'll have a whole rack of 28-32 pants and then XXL and XXXL jerseys that are the same model & color.

The prices do rock if you can find stuff that fits though.

If you want a pair of riding pants OR a jersey, it's great - just don't expect to get anything that matches. They'll have a whole rack of 28-32 pants and then XXL and XXXL jerseys that are the same model & color.

The prices do rock if you can find stuff that fits though.

i agree that i think that cycle accessories warehouse only buys like motosport.com and bobscycle.com clearance odds and ends items and turns around and sells them in their store