Sign in to follow this  

Easter is coming, please take me to Church

Easter vacation for the kids, light work, next two weekends the wifey has packed, if I'm gonna ride it has to be the week of April 2nd.

Is it still snowed in? I have the GPS track, but I'm such a newb.......... there's too many twists and turns, I'm sure to get lost.......... again.

RD, FC, BC, Calgone, take me away!!!!! :bonk:

This is the perfect opportunity to check out hollister...

I'm dead serious too, I saw that you expressed interest in that place in one of you're posts.

Its nothing compared to the sierras, but its better than prarie city when everything's got snow on it.

Looks like my wife volunteered me to move the sister easter weekend, so no ride camp for me. Might be able to get away Friday for a ride. I need to work my way outta packing to be able to make it.

Me and zekedawg want to recon this campsite at SSS, but we will be riding roads to see if we can get the tailers in there. I'll keep you posted.

:bonk: I'd love to ride Hollister. I've never been. But Church is a 12 on a scale of 1-10.

After you've been to Church, nuthin' compares! :naughty:

:bonk: I'd love to ride Hollister. I've never been. But Church is a 12 on a scale of 1-10.

After you've been to Church, nuthin' compares! :naughty:

Why do I have the feeling this "church" you speak of really isn't a church:confused:

Did I miss something or am I horribly confused?

Oooooooooh! Church! Yeah! Man I need to get my eyes checked. I thought it said, 'please take me to Crunch'. That makes a big difference. What Church did you have in mind, there, Scotty?

Dave

Well................ this idea went over like a lead balloon. :naughty:

Coyote, I'd love to go.............. but this is the kinda place I Do Not want to be in front. Especially with that sawed off shotgun behind me. :bonk:

Not the kind of spot you want to spend the night, or ride alone, or break down. If Sasquatch lives in the woods, he lives here! :D ............... No....... I better not! :bonk:

sasquatch.jpg

I think I know who this is.............. but............ Carolina????? :naughty:

Chalk Bluff on Friday since nobody wants to help me pray. I'm too much a wussy to do it on my own. :bonk:

Weekday riding with the Slyko is not everyone's cup of tea. :D

Hey Slyko..tall tales aside..it might be easier to get people to ride with you if you didn't speak in riddles.:D😛 :p :bonk:😛 :p :naughty:😛 :p 😛 :p :bonk:

Note, Rule #1. Slyko posts require many animated GIFS

OK, I'm sorry. :naughty:

It's called Church 'cuz someone once saw God there. :bonk:

supersecret.jpg?t=1175657273

A great group of guys showed me around the 1st time!

SuperSecret10-06-05012.jpg?t=1175657421

I geared my bike down to a 13/53 specifically because of this place.

Last trip we took to Church was crazy.😛 :p We rode all day Hard! We all were wore out and ready to call it a day.😛 :p 😛 Then ChicoFF dropped off a cliff and we all followed him down:bonk: 😛 There was only one way out, and it was straight up for a 1/2 mile or so:crazy: :D Six riders only two of us made it without help. It was getting dark:banghead: :naughty: The bikes got beat to hell!!! Bent pipes, broken plastic, broken egos:thinking: :bonk:

I could go on and on:prof: 😛

I still think there is no better way to spend my Sundays:smirk: :bonk:😛

OK, I'm sorry. 😛

It's called Church 'cuz someone once saw God there. :naughty:

http://SACRED PIC"S

http://SACRED PIC'S

I geared my bike down to a 13/53 specifically because of this place.

It's a CULT!!! NO PICTURES SLYKO:banghead: :bonk: Sacred trails:worthy: :D:bonk: Edit your post:thumbsup:

I would love to go with you slyko but I have only been there once and that was with a guide. I wouldn't dare try it by myself or anyone else but a local.

It's a CULT!!! NO PICTURES SLYKO:banghead: :bonk: Sacred trails:worthy: :naughty::D Edit your post:thumbsup:

No one is going to be able to tell that those pics are the canyons between Foresthill and Georgetown, so don't worry.

On one trip to church the pastor kept a bike overnight and made us ride two -up in the dark back to the truck. The wife was almost in tears when we finally made contact around 9pm.

I love that place.

I will be road riding around church this friday to see if we can get our toyhaulers in their. Hope we can, if so it will definately be heaven on earth. Up above the church near these lakes there is a sign in a tree that reads "this is God's country don't leave it looking like hell."

"Father Abraham had many son's, many son's had father Abraham......", lol.:bonk:

Is that Zeke in that pic?

I see another TTer to the far left, Sean, but I can't remember Sean's TT name.

I can tell you that I would never trust #4, so watch your back with that guy.

I thought of heading up to this place, but have wondered what the snow level is like there. I know there's still plenty of snow a couple of ridges to the east of there.

NorCalWR rode up there on 3/24 and was able to hit most the lower stuff. First time he did AAA uphill.

I was out scouting that same weekend a couple of ridges north and got to about 4600' before there was patches and about 3 inches on the road.

I am goin up Friday. I will post back on the snow levels if I get a chance.