Sign in to follow this  

Very bad arm pump?

I think it must be arm pump.Is arm pump from either clutching or throttling.

After about ten or fifteen minutes of riding my throttle arm starts killing me.

I very rarely use the clutch and I do alot of real long wheelies so I am back and fourth with the throttle.

Is it arm pump that I am getting? and if so what could I do to try to stop this.

Thanks Doug

i get arm pump on my right arm cause im using the throttle and front brake i never get it in my left and i do use the clutch alot i think its cause i one finger the clutch. Anyways my arm pump begins right when i get to the track and ends about 5 hard laps. So it doesnt really bother me much. I think the more you ride the better it gets and it finally goes away.

Thanks for linking the powerballs. Fairly cheap for the basic model, I'm going to try one out. My wrists have taken years of abuse on the computer and I've given up computer gaming and rarely work on computer projects outside of work now. I took up mtn. biking and now motorcycles which unfortunately is quite hard on the wrists too. They are the first things to wear out when I ride.

I hope this will work better and should be funner to do than the hand grip thingies.

I usally get it the first 5-10 miles and then it seems to go away, but now that I took on a new job Sandblasting I'm having all kinds of problems. Numbness in my fingers, wrist are hurting, knuckles hurt. :bonk: I've been trying to get away from this job before it does irreversible damage.

some days (like yesterday) I have arm pump almost as soon as I hit the trail and I fight it all day

other days it does not bother me at all

not really sure why, does hydration affect arm pump?

some days (like yesterday) I have arm pump almost as soon as I hit the trail and I fight it all day

Sure it does hydration effects everything.do everything the guy with the Xr650 avatar says.Also let go of the death grip,grip more with your legs,have the best grips that fit your hands,and if you lift wieghts back off a little towards the end of the week [no curling] Also pop an advil an hour befor you ride.

Sure it does hydration effects everything.do everything the guy with the Xr650 avatar says.Also let go of the death grip,grip more with your legs,have the best grips that fit your hands,and if you lift wieghts back off a little towards the end of the week [no curling] Also pop an advil an hour befor you ride.

I only hang on with my legs, my problem yesterday was from the real real choppy trail pounding my arms

I've only rode 3 times in 2 years, that was 3nd ride, the 2nd ride I had a rash on the inside of my legs from the bike vibration :bonk:

I guess I have to build up some callous on my legs again

Eat a Banana. The Potassium helps cut down on the build up of lactic acids in your muscle causing arm pump. Water will also help.

I only hang on with my legs, my problem yesterday was from the real real choppy trail pounding my arms

I've only rode 3 times in 2 years, that was 3nd ride, the 2nd ride I had a rash on the inside of my legs from the bike vibration :bonk:

I guess I have to build up some callous on my legs again

Yeah it will come back to you.Hey I just saw Megadeth inToronto last week they were F..ing loud!! they opened for Black Sabath with ronnie james dio It was great.

drink water and ride more and often and it will go away

Building the muscles in your forearms helps. Ive got one of those forearm builds that you squeeze in your hands and that definetely seems to help.

Loosening your grip helps as well. When you have a deathgrip on the bars it limits the bloodflow through your arms and basically our muscles starve for blood and thats where the pain and muscle tiredness comes from. If you can find some way to ride more relaxed that will help. I know its easier said than done though...

BIG TIME !