Sign in to follow this  

TM 300 pics

As most of you know TM's are now available in the USA again, so I thought I would just post some pics of mine.. true works bikes straight out of the crate.

every thing on this bike is standard apart from the fork protector stickers and the bark busters

IMG_0736.jpg

HGS Pipe/silencer. OHLINS shock billet rear brake pedal/gear shift pedal/kick starter.

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

OHLINS forks.

IMG_0749.jpg

hh.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

Reikon DSF tapered bars Billet tripple clamps.

IMG_0748.jpg

Billet hubs front/rear. twin stamped excel rims

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0743-1.jpg

270mm disk nissan/brembo rear 240mm nissan

IMG_0744.jpg

So for those that beleive that the jap bikes are the best there is, take a look at one of these

They have calmed them down so you don't have to be a pro rider to ride them, unlike the previous years...:bonk:

rust on the brake disks. yes, the bike is near 18 months old,50hours ride time and for the last 8 months has been sitting unused as I broke my heal/ankle and have only now been able to ride it again in hignsight I should have sprayed/cleaned the disks to prevent that happening with dissuse

put fresh fuel in oiled airfilter and it started 2nd kick after all that time

Why do i see rust on a new bike?

Really nice man. I looked at getting the TM250 but couldnt afford it. Very Jealous. Send it to NZ, I'll ride it for ya! :bonk:

nice bike but i never understood why they are considered works bikes out of the crate, i dont see anything all too special on any of them, but overall nice bike

you're right..

but there are many aftermarket parts on them :bonk:

perhaps this is the reason why they're considered as "works bikes"!

anyway, i like this tm and mine too :naughty:

I kinda considered it to be like a works bikes cause they are low production numbers they used to hand build most of the bikes probably still do a bit. To me works bikes were hand made low number one off bikes. Kinda like KTM has it's 125 2 stroke GP race bikes.

They still are complety hand built, all the porting is done by hand and they are blue printed motors...

The bike you buy off the showroom floor is the exact same bike that the factory TM riders race with,(hence the reason of works bike out of the crate, plus they have all the top notch components on them) unlike all the other brands where their factory bikes have a vast amount of mods done to it compared to a stock bike

I know most people look at the price and see that it may be 1/2-1 grand dearer then other makes, but they are well worth it.

Are they really that much faster than other makes stock?

the fastest dirt bike that i have ridden was a TM 250! however the handling was not so good :bonk:

They ARE really that much faster...the TM 300 two stroke is almost unrideable unless you are a superhero. When McGrath gets a bike...and it's that much more over stock and the public will never get all that tuning and power that he gets...You can buy it in a TM. They are frickin' amazing!

the fastest dirt bike that i have ridden was a TM 250! however the handling was not so good 👍

They are faster than a Honda CR500 af?

Are they faster than a YZ450F

I bet not

and they cost a arm and a leg and you cant get parts for them here in the USA

There parts are kinda trick looking the Olhins shocks and the hubs

Beautiful bike for sure. I really like the color of the rims and bars etc...

A local shop here in Vacaville carries them. "Exotica Motorsports"

They are Very Very fast bikes but from my expierence they handle like crap.

when you say handle like crap... what do you mean? Suspension is harsh? Cornering is bad? what? Ohlins builds pretty much the nicest boingers on the planet. I can't imagine they handle like crap cause of the forks or shock.

when you say handle like crap... what do you mean? Suspension is harsh? Cornering is bad? what? Ohlins builds pretty much the nicest boingers on the planet. I can't imagine they handle like crap cause of the forks or shock.

Overall suspension felt awesome but the thing just took alot of effort to make it turn well, but i was also riding trails (stoneyford) so there where no Berms or ruts to get in the groove of.