Sign in to follow this  

Cycra Handguards On 04 Tc450

I broke down and bought some real hanguards for my bike. I got the tripple clamp mounting system. I like it but it interferes with the Front Number plate.

Has anyone done this? Did you trim the Front Number plate. I wonder if the new style number plate would fit better. I hate the looks of the 04 plate anyway.

Anyhow, petty problem I know, just curious.

Thanks!

Tony

I just left the number plate bent around the clamps.

Thanks Bobby, but I think that part of my issue is I cut the bars down so the inside end of the bark busters come into numberplate pretty good. The number plate would crack if I tightened it down. I could however put a spacer and get a longer bolt. That would work.

Thanks!

Tony

Here is what I did. I just drilled and attached a cut loop of car tire inner tube to the bolt in the center of the number plate. The number plate attaches at the slots in the bottom and you loop the inner tube up and around the cycra tripple clamp mounts to hold it in place.

The inner tube will last a full season before you have to replace it and the number plate comes off and on in about 3 seconds. I have like 70 hours and quite a few races with this set up and it works perfect.

Well I certainly didn't think of that! I am trying to get a mental picture of how it works. I need to look at the mounts again.

Good to know that I am not the only one that cuts up innertubes and uses them for stuff!

Well I certainly didn't think of that! I am trying to get a mental picture of how it works. I need to look at the mounts again.

Good to know that I am not the only one that cuts up innertubes and uses them for stuff!

Just get one of the small bolts, two little like fender washers(or any washer), get a 1.25" ring of car tube, put a whole thru bothsides centered in the tube, bolt the tube to the number plate. Now you have a circle of tube, the center of which is bolted to the bock of the number plate. Put the lower engagement tabs of the plate in the slots fish the two ends of tube thru the misc. wiring, and wrap up and around the back of the cycra mounts. Or just about anything else dependant on the length of your inner tube.

Much faster to get of than the stock set up and the plate rests against the two cycra mounts.