Sign in to follow this  

04 suspension on an 07 450

I have an 04 CRF450 roller that has had the suspension lowered for flat track racing. I want to buy a new CRF for riding motocross but also be able to use it for some flat track when it comes in handy. Will the forks and rear shock from my 04 fit on the 07? Even if I have to change the tripple clamps its still easily dooable.

TIA

I figured it would be the total opposite since I know the 04 forks won't fit on an 05 model. But I think im gunna just buy the nice new bike anyways and go from there. :bonk: Thanks for the help.

I figured it would be the total opposite since I know the 04 forks won't fit on an 05 model. But I think im gunna just buy the nice new bike anyways and go from there. :bonk: Thanks for the help.

The fork fits into the triple. The only difference is the axle mounting point on the 05 is 2mm further to the rear on the 05 fork which is great for MX but as I understand it guys riding SuperMoto dont like or need the shorter clamps so the 04 fork would be the direction to go there anyway...