Sign in to follow this  

Probs with kx 100

Hi there was having a little run about on my kx 100 the

other day and something aint right,when it hits the power band there

is a loud crunching coming from the engine,its fine if u dont hit the power band

and just keep the revs low.Any suggestions to what this might be.:bonk:

Just went through the same nausea. My kids was the main crank bearings. Take it to the dealer and bend over.

Just went through the same nausea. My kids was the main crank bearings. Take it to the dealer and bend over.

ok mate how much did this set u back if u don't mind me asking.

The labor rate was 78.00 an hour. Parts and everything out the door was $678.00.:bonk: And that was with me bringing in just the motor. Left the chassis home to save some labor, I'm a cheap A$$.

Just got mine rebuilt for $237 labor (bearings included) . Got all parts from rocky mountain for $239.92.

Wish my stator wasn't bad.... I woulda had it back last friday :bonk:

Wow resin! My whole KX85 only cost me $1100, :bonk: I would try quite a bit before I took it to the dealer. I am taking a guess but to me it kinda sounds like tranny. I could be way off but it seems like when you hit the powerband its puttin way the hell more power through the tranny and some gear or something is getting screwged.

Everything in Calif. is more expensive. I've said it before "moving to Cali makes people stupid!" My house is worth 600k more than I paid because someone from Minnisota will pay that much.