National Hare Scrambles!

Hey everyone, i was just wondering how many of you were aware that there is going to be a new National (canadian of course) Hare scrambles series this year?

The Quebec and Alberta federations have got together to offer a 2 round series. The rounds will be:

- Coleman, Alberta July 14-15

-Ormstown, Quebec August 12th

Seeing as these races are very far apart, i have begun a website to help people find transportation and housing for the races. You can hop on with someone already on there way there and split the gas! Also, you can find someone that lives near the race to house you during the weekend, so you don't have to worry about motels or hauling your fifth wheel across the country!

For more information visit http://www.ridersunited.com/forum

If you would like this service to be available for your race series, please leave a comment in the suggestion box.

Thanks!

Jason

www.ridersunited.com/forum

Maybe you could explain to us why you are not joining in with the current CMA National Harescrambles Series??

And why would you call your 2 races, a series?? And why would anyone travel to attend them?? And why would you call your 2 races, a "National" series.

If you want to hold a hare scrambles fine, but cut out the BS.

Hello Maico,

If you have a look at the current national series, you will see that the "national" series is made up of 7 rounds in Ontario from what i can see (maybe someone can inform me of a round elsewhere?). Hardly a "national" series at all from my point of view. Someone is putting an effort to create a real national series that will eventually be held across Canada. I don't consider a championship to be "National" until most people in the country have the same opportunity to ride in it.

I am not joining this "National" series you mention because i have no interest in an Ontario based series. I do not live in Ontario, so why would i put the time and effort to join a series, where anyone living near there has about 10%of the money to spend as I would have?

People will travel to the rounds i speak of to support a good cause and get a proper National series for Canada.

If you are not interested in supporting a good cause, please refrain from putting down people trying to do good for the sport. I am not affiliated with the new series, just a guy strongly supporting it.

If you chose to respond, i ask you just to be polite, provide good arguments, and keep your insults to yourself.

Thanks,

Jason

Hello Maico,

If you have a look at the current national series, you will see that the "national" series is made up of 7 rounds in Ontario from what i can see (maybe someone can inform me of a round elsewhere?). Hardly a "national" series at all from my point of view. Someone is putting an effort to create a real national series that will eventually be held across Canada. I don't consider a championship to be "National" until most people in the country have the same opportunity to ride in it.

I am not joining this "National" series you mention because i have no interest in an Ontario based series. I do not live in Ontario, so why would i put the time and effort to join a series, where anyone living near there has about 10%of the money to spend as I would have?

People will travel to the rounds i speak of to support a good cause and get a proper National series for Canada.

If you are not interested in supporting a good cause, please refrain from putting down people trying to do good for the sport. I am not affiliated with the new series, just a guy strongly supporting it.

If you chose to respond, i ask you just to be polite, provide good arguments, and keep your insults to yourself.

Thanks,

Jason

I guess you are new to Hare Scrambles. But to give you a little education,

Hare Scrambles in Canada started in Ontario in the late 80's. It has always

been a Canadian sport centred in Ontario. There have been many events scheduled outside Ontario, one example is the western Canadian HS championship scheduled this year in Alberta. there also have been numerous

events scheduled in Quebec. some of Canada's best hare scramble riders have come out of Quebec, Al and Guy.

But only Ontario has stuck with a true hare scrambles series. Thru thick and thin the series and sport has survived due to the Ontario series.

Now if you think that hare scrambles riders are going to travel coast to coast to participate in a "True National championship", dream on.

As bad as the CMA screwed up mx in Canada, they have done a good job

at keeping HS events running strong.

So when I see some newcomer stating that "THEIR SERIES" is the "Canadian National Harescrambles Series" of which neither events is in Ontario, pardon my French, but FO.

My intention is not to put down your Ontarian HS series. I am simply stating that it should not be considered of National standard since it is based in one area.

I don't mean to be insulting you personally, since this seems to be the case, as you seem to be a strong supporter.

The reason the series is not passing in Ontario is probably not to bother the CMA with there championship.

If you believe that the people organizing this are newcomers, well i believe you will be quite surprised. I was actually trying to address the message to people wanting

to know more on this subject, but that is no longer possible as the attention has now be turned from the real subject at hand. You don't seem to be able to be keep polite, so I won't waste any more of our time.

For people wanting more info, you can send me a personal message to avoid getting harassed.

Thanks,

Jason

Sounds cool, but there should definitely atleast be one BC round since there is sooo many places to put a race on here and If you look at the World Class races the BC riders seem to always be on top. Also Maico450 I dont know exactly where Hare Scrambles started in Canada but I know for a fact that they were going on very strongly in the beginning of the 70's so im sure they started in atleast the 60's in BC

Sounds cool, but there should definitely atleast be one BC round since there is sooo many places to put a race on here and If you look at the World Class races the BC riders seem to always be on top. Also Maico450 I dont know exactly where Hare Scrambles started in Canada but I know for a fact that they were going on very strongly in the beginning of the 70's so im sure they started in atleast the 60's in BC

Yes you may be right in the comment that there may have been hare scrambles held in canada in the 50's and 60's.

by the 1980's the popularity of hare scrambles in Canada had died out due to the success of MX.

It was through the efforts of Blair Sharpless and Craig Kennedy, that hare scrambles was popularized in Canada and continues so today.

I rode the 1st hare scrambles that Blair and Craig organized, at Turkey Point Ontario. I cant recall the year, but it was mid to late 80's.

And yes BC has always had excellent riders, I would kill to be able to ride out there during the season. I have raced in BC, MX back in the 70's.

And it is nice to see that BC has started to hold hare scrambles, its long overdue. Its too bad the MX tracks have largely dissappeared.

Thats what happens when there are too many wealthy people, the land gets bought up and developed, or shut down.

I rode the 1st hare scrambles that Blair and Craig organized, at Turkey Point Ontario. I cant recall the year, but it was mid to late 80's.

Well, it must have been mid 80's cause my first race was a CMA hare scramble in Burlington in 1985. We got six inches of wet snow and the course ran mostly through a clay pit! I DNF'd but was hooked!

I look foreward to seeing a new series start up. I'm a little fed up with the CMA and it's "clique". Time to get the off-road series going as good as MX is. More events and publicity are what is needed.

Rob

Well, it must have been mid 80's cause my first race was a CMA hare scramble in Burlington in 1985. We got six inches of wet snow and the course ran mostly through a clay pit! I DNF'd but was hooked!

I look foreward to seeing a new series start up. I'm a little fed up with the CMA and it's "clique". Time to get the off-road series going as good as MX is. More events and publicity are what is needed.

Rob

Is what you had in mind like what the CMRC did with MX?? Large numbers of paying spectators, corporate sponsors, television coverage of the events??

Well, I don't think the same thing would work for scrambles or enduros since the courses are not very spectator friendly. From what I hear, last year's WEC round in Parry Sound did pretty well at allowing spectators good viewing spots.

Frankly, I don't know why I even spoke up here since I much prefer enduros over scrambles anyway.

Cheers!

Rob

I rode a Hare Scramble at the clay pits in Burlington in I think 1981 on a xr 185. I was second in the junior class.The event was put on by my club the Steel city riders. My club still puts on National Hare scrambles. Any club in Canada can have a national if they want to apply. If they don't apply then no national in that prov. yes I know she who cannot be named has done huge damage over the years, but trying to reinvent the wheel is B.S. Have your series....the FIM and the CMA along with everone else will not reconize these awards..i know my spelling sucks.....but your idea does as well. Why don't you do like the trials and enduro guys do and try to work in the system, in the long run you will be doing more for the sport.......cheers

WHy dont the courses get designed like the worcs series in the USA where theres the motocross track then very fast outdoor section. Kamloops does this each year at Whispering Pines on their motocross track then it goes onto a grass track and then into 4th gear woods section.

WHy dont the courses get designed like the worcs series in the USA where theres the motocross track then very fast outdoor section. Kamloops does this each year at Whispering Pines on their motocross track then it goes onto a grass track and then into 4th gear woods section.

All of the hare scrambles that I have raced over the last 20 years have been organized and laid out by enduro riders. Hence the attempt to incorporate as much "Enduro" type tight trails. There is a bit of rivalry between Enduro and MX riders. The Mx riders always do better on fast wide open tracks, and have their hands full when it comes time to moving trees apart. Personally as a 35 year mxer, I prefer more open tracks. But I also understand the desire and need for a fair ammount of bar bashing. Otherwise

hare scrambles events would be ruled by mx riders. You need a bit of both to

keep everybody coming back.