Sign in to follow this  

aluminum frame generations

I know 97' was the first year of the CR250R aluminum frame. But in what years did CR250s get new "generations" of aluminum frame?

It was changed again in 2000, then again in 2002 and it's the same up to 2007.

97-99, 00-01, 02-07

00-01 was the straight frame, 02-07 is the frame with the curve in it.

Well the 97-99 frame looks pretty straight to me. :bonk:

Thanks for the info!

I hear bad things about the 97-99 frame. Too stiff or something? I mostly ride dunes and I'm not sure I'd describe myself as the most discriminating when it comes to chassis characteristics. Should I care about what I hear on the 97-99? How is the carb access with that frame? If I had to swing the subframe and airbox out of the way to make a jetting change, that is something I'd notice and care about.

Thanks for the info!

I hear bad things about the 97-99 frame. Too stiff or something? I mostly ride dunes and I'm not sure I'd describe myself as the most discriminating when it comes to chassis characteristics. Should I care about what I hear on the 97-99? How is the carb access with that frame? If I had to swing the subframe and airbox out of the way to make a jetting change, that is something I'd notice and care about.

On my 05, jetting changes are just a matter of loosing the carb clamps. I don't know about the older ones though.

To jet my 02, I can just loosen the two carb clamps and rotate the carb toward me. Just make sure to drain the bowl- I made that mistake more than once....