Sign in to follow this  

Sat next to Broc Glover at Dallas Supercross

Actually, we were standing as everybody was on their feet the most of the time. He must work for Suzuki as he was wearing their team uniform and had walkie talkie in hand. Broc was all smiles when Ryan Dungy took the lead in 250, but that didn't last long as Dungy fell and Townly / Lange zoomed by on their monster Kawasaki's.

It was a night to remember.

I didn't get to talk with Broc, but he said "Excuse me" to my wife, as we had to stand up to allow him to get out of the row.

Sorry to sound like a teeny-bopper, but that encounter made the $44 dollar tickets worth it.

:bonk:

Also saw another older gentle that was on Team Kawasaki, he was in a wheel chair, have seen his picture in Moto Magazines. Upper 40's with grayish hair.

I didn't get to talk with Broc, but he said "Excuse me" to my wife, as we had to stand up to allow him to get out of the row.

4b_1.jpg

So........you let Broc by too:lol:

:naughty: Sorry, I just couldn't let that one slip by. I was a big fan of Glover. He and Bailey's battles on the 500's were classic stuff.

Mitch Payton owns and operates Pro-Circuit racing. He was paralyzed while desert racing his beloved Husky's back in the day!

Nomadak good one! Many on this site don't no the history of our sport. That was Mitch Payton also.

That's funny, a kid sitting in front of me had one of those pit-board posters that said "Let Brock bye".

4b_1.jpg

:naughty: Sorry, I just couldn't let that one slip by. I was a big fan of Glover. He and Bailey's battles on the 500's were classic stuff.

Mitch Payton owns and operates Pro-Circuit racing. He was paralyzed while desert racing his beloved Husky's back in the day!

Keith McCarth die hard Yamaha:lol:

Classic pic:thumbsup:

:naughty:

4b_1.jpg

:D Sorry, I just couldn't let that one slip by. I was a big fan of Glover. He and Bailey's battles on the 500's were classic stuff.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all day! :bonk: Silverburr, sounds like you had a good time. That's why I love going to the nationals, you never know when a pro is going to wander out to watch another class, etc. I talked to James Polvony for an entire moto once at Red Bud when his bike broke down and he had to watch from the sidelines. :bonk:

Glover rules. When I was a kid, he was among the heroes- along with Hannah, Lechein, Johnson, O'Mara, Barnett, Ward, Magoo, Hansen, Lackey....and of course, David Bailey. I bought an 06 CRF450R with the Bailey decals, just 'cause it was just like his factory bike I remembered from BITD!