Sign in to follow this  

1989 yz80 powerband ploblem

it runs fine until a second after the powerband kicks in then stops pulling in the band , any body got any ideas what could make it do that

it used to run good like scream in the band and have wheel spin and now i got it running again , it has no wheel spin soon as it kicks in the band it dies out in every gear

When was the last time you did a top end job or even checked he compression? How's the air filter?

before it broke down it only had 9 hours on it if that , new air filter and it broke down because the crank seal slid donw the crank shaft and was causing it to get 2 much air

does any 1 have an 86-92 yz 80 if so what ratio do u mix ur gas at, i mix mine at 40:1

it allready spews from the header and i think that means to much oil in gas and isent 32:1 more oil

It's not because there is too much oil in the gas, it's because the bike is jetted richly.

it sucks the gas down quick , ill fill it up and ride it within a 30 minutes im almost out of gas does that have anything to do with my jets

stuck powervalve, take it out and clean it alot

It doesn't have a powervalve. :bonk:

ok, as silly as this might sound, check your silencer. Being that it's an older bike the perf tube could have broken and cocked sideways (had it happen). That would only affect high air flow performance.

just stick a yellow powerband in there :bonk: im rockin a purple now

whats a yellow powerband and a purple powerband are u makin this up cause thats the dumbest thing ive ever read