Desert 100----Race Predictions

Everybody, especially 2-stroke guys....

Bring a couple spark plugs and the tools you'll need to change them.

Or bring ca$h and be prepared to wait.

I plan on helping Don w/ the sweep crew again this year I'll be packing a few common spark plugs and tools.

A spark plug and wrench will cost you either $20, a nice steering damper, a pinky or a toe. Your choice.

Labor NOT included. ;-)

-Tyler

There has been some discussion regarding the Ironman PR.... rumor has it that we have been a little soft on you guys over the past few years and Stumpjumpers take that kind of rumor seriously:busted: No promises or verification yet but don't be surprised if the Ironman has some additional challenges thrown in.

Family PR will be dooable and challenging for all skill levels.

Excelent...There hasent been nearly enough entertainment in the last few years.

Vantage had some steep ravines that were fun to watch riders atempt.

The down hill at the first Odessa D100 was good entertainment. lots of swearing and low speed tumbles made for a good Gatorade break.

Also some air filter advice for the racers.

Do yourself a favor and use the really nasty sticky waterproof filter oil like Belray or Maxima. The water runs of your air filter like a ducks back with the Belray and wont soak into the filter unlike Notoil and the likes.

After finishing 3rd in class last year by a mere 7 minutes, Im going for the win in the 250 cc class.. Hoping for a top ten O/A... This is NOT a prediction but a lofty goal...

My ONLY prediction is that the stumpjumpers one and only TRAV, will again dodge me and not run on race day... But sit aside and take photos.... Which is cool too :bonk:

My ONLY prediction is that the stumpjumpers one and only TRAV, will again dodge me and not run on race day... But sit aside and take photos.... Which is cool too :naughty:

somebody has to get those "glamour" shots of you :bonk:

45127653-L.jpg

I predict that I'm going to have a total blast! From everything I've heard, this sounds like a killer, don't miss race! I'm so excited! :naughty:

Thats awesome!! Trav is having you race for him :bonk: To be honest.. You may have a better chance of beating me than he does anyway

Trav :D Callin you out brother

Thats awesome!! Trav is having you race for him :bonk: To be honest.. You may have a better chance of beating me than he does anyway

Trav :naughty: Callin you out brother

Fartenheimers should team it.... with a fresh horse for each lap they might have a chance:thumbsup:

Fartenheimers should team it.... with a fresh horse for each lap they might have a chance:thumbsup:

Fresh jockey, team is one bike two riders! BTW is it a good idea to bring tools or will the sweep riders have everything I might need:confused:

I predict we will see some riders and their bikes a lot less prepared than others, and a few riders with hangovers. I also expect to see individuals riding over their heads and doing things they probably shouldn't, which often leads to disaster.

As the only paramedic riding sweep, I can only hope I do not come across an innocent rider who is seriously hurt by someone else not paying attention or riding wrecklessly. Keeping everyone safe on courses of this size is a tremendous undertaking, and requires a team who can reach areas around the courses quickly and communicate with eachother and the professional medical teams on site. Riders frequently alert the sweepers and checkpoint workers of wrecks and potential injuries which is very helpful.

I also expect there will be some hooligans who insist on speeding thru the camping and parking area, threatening the safety of families and campsites for the purpose of showing off their riding prowess.

I look forward to this event, as most of you do, regardless of the work involved. I am confident that the Stumpjumpers M/C will pull off another outstanding event in Odessa, and make everyone feel welcome.

Fresh jockey, team is one bike two riders! BTW is it a good idea to bring tools or will the sweep riders have everything I might need:confused:

bring tools and make sure to have a spark plug wrench. on my bike i have a both metric and S.A.E. allen wrenches, a multiblade screw driver, a couple spark plugs, and a leatherman. what i did too is i wrapped some electrical tape around the cross bar on the handlebars just in case, u never know. its my first time out, i just want to finish.

Only if you ride a yellow, red or orange bike........

Sweep riders carry tools but we are'nt exactly excited about pulling them out every time we come upon a dead bike... our sponsors provide us with a few supplies (master links, a few spark plugs, etc...) and if I'm asked if I have any 2 stroke gas I will usually laugh as I ride away :bonk:

Only if you ride a yellow, red or orange bike........

Sweep riders carry tools but we are'nt exactly excited about pulling them out every time we come upon a dead bike... our sponsors provide us with a few supplies (master links, a few spark plugs, etc...) and if I'm asked if I have any 2 stroke gas I will usually laugh as I ride away :naughty:

I gave away all my spark plugs last year....leaving me with the possibility (slim as it might be) to being stranded myself. :D

[personal gripe]I am going to ask for plugs before I go out....$30+ in my personal plugs is cool and all, but not one person bought one from the vendors and gave me any when they got themeselves back to camp in one piece. Be nice to the sweep rider who saves your ride if not your arse that day :bonk: [/personal gripe]

I'm looking forward to meeting you SJMC DON.

I might be mistaken... but you are the guy with the sick single track up in BC that Trav keeps telling me about. Yeah, lets hook up for some of the brewery's Dunkle and discuss a trip this summer, (maybe?:bonk: )

Are you sure about that? *snicker*

91287044-M.jpg

Don's a great guy. Just don't make fun of his bike....oh yeah he has a new steed for Odessa. :D Can I ride it Don? :naughty:

*******it Kev!! If that pic finds it's way into this forum one more time there will be hell to pay!

And yes.... you can ride it, just have extra underwear on hand :bonk: