Sign in to follow this  

Caught in Between...

Went down to the KTM shop yesterday and talked to the motard guys, after walkin out i was caught between the 525xcw, 560, and the 450sxf... i dont want to buy a exc... whats your guy's choice for streetriding with super accerleration and torque out of the box

thnx:ride:

Do you want this to be street legal? I would also say that the EXC might just have faster excelleration with it's lower gearing 1-3. Then you get what your really seeking plus it's street legal.

i guess no-one rides a ktm in here>?

I don't think we have a lot of motard guys in this forum.

Your question implies that you wish to use the machine as a street bike. None of the KTM RFS dirt bikes are well suited as a street bike. I ride mine a little on the street but concerns about limited oil capacity and drive line wear keep it pretty much on the trails.

I know little about the motard aspects but I've seen a number of 525's set up for it. You might check over at www.ktmtalk.com and see if anybody there has experience with this.

alright thans guys, i want to be able to switch it from street to track and the guys at the shop said to stay away from the exc's as much as possible because of the emmission stuff on it

alright thans guys, i want to be able to switch it from street to track and the guys at the shop said to stay away from the exc's as much as possible because of the emmission stuff on it

I think your shop guys are FOS.

The EXC emisions garbage is easy to remove, and once dialed in, the bike rips (525). Stock gearing is good foe close to 110 MPH!!!

If you want a fully legal bike, get the 525, if it still is too slow for you, go with the KTM hardparts 580 kit!!

If you are looking to race, the 450 would be the best bet. The 450 allows you to race more classes.

If you are really looking to get into SuperMoto, there is a forum here, or for the realy insane people, www.supermotojunkie.com

I don't know what dealer you shop but I'd get a second opinion. I have an '07 525EXC with minor mods but the smog is still in place. I raced it in the 29 Palms GP yesterday and that bike RAILED! While other bikes were awapping back and forth in the high speed rutted sandy section, I was going by 'em easy 30 mph faster like I was on pavement! With much lower gearing (14-52) I was still crossing past 100 mph on the pavement straight. How fast do you wanna go? This is a factory street legal bike. If you want faster...get the Aprillia