Sign in to follow this  

06 450 R Gearing / Flywheel Suggestions

I bought the CRF as a leftover in the fall and I can't find a comfort zone with the Honda power without it tiring me out when I push hard. I dont have the time to train like I used to, so I am looking at smoothing out the motor or going to an 07 Yamamha. I race 25+, 30+, and 35+ B motocross.

Does anyone have a gearing combination or has anyone added a flywheel weight to smooth out the power? Thanks for your help!

Ive been hearing people putting a 13oz stealthy flywheel...Thats what im thinking im going with...keep me informed

i am having the same problem with my 450. i went with a 13oz flywheel weight and a g 2throttle body. it smoothed the 450 out some. kind of reminds me of a xr400, but when you crack the throttle you relize real fast its a crf450r. all in all the flywheel weight did help me alot, and less stalling now since ive got used to it .

One of the best ways to smooth out the CRF is to install the Crower G2 cam. I have ridden many 450's and a G2 cam bike is BY FAR the smoothest and easiest to ride. Its faster, too. I know some pros that swear by them.