Sign in to follow this  

Calling all Denver area "dual sport" riders!

Hey to all you "true" dual sport riders out there in the Denver area! I am looking for guys and gals that want to do some on and off road rides this summer in the great Colorado outdoors. I have been tortured too long by my buddies that just ride "pure dirt" bikes and can't be happy unless they are going Mach 3 with their butts on fire through the woods. I like an adventure just as much as the other person but I realiaze that I have to get up and go to work on Monday. If you think you fit this and would be interested in doing some casual rides (on/off road) then lets hear from you. I would think that there are a few of us out there. I would like to see some of my fellow DR riders out there, I am starting to get lonely!

I'm too old to heal well. I would be up for some of that. I tend to do lots more dirt than street. I have a street bike for the street stuff. But I ride with a varied group. Some are good, some are not, and several of us are old enough to not want to get hurt. If you check out ADVrider, you will find some DS riders in the area who ride for fun. I ride a DRZ-400. So not as roadworthy are your 650. The seat is very uncomfortable also. But I would go. It can be dificult to find similar ridding styles.. I usually try to ride week days. So lets get together for coffee, and try it out. I live in the south metro Denver area. I'm out of town for work until the 6th, but you can post me at nredson@comcast.net

Hey ColoradoDR650, This kind of dualsport riding sounds good to me. I've had my DR650 for about a month now and have done four DS day rides so far. I usually shoot for, more or less about 1/3 street (twisty backroads preferred), 1/3 FS type dirt/gravel roads, and 1/3 fourwheel drive roads and single track trails although most of these I know about are still closed due to snow. I like to ride at a good pace, but as my bike is still stock and I have family and a job to consider, I don't take too many foolish risks and I rarly crash. Lets try a ride and see how it goes. I live in Lakewood and usually start from home. I ride on Fridays or Saturdays.