Sign in to follow this  

Worn out chain gaurd question.

Ok, 13 hrs, and the rear chain gaurd is worn through. Somebody on here said that it is actually off the 250 two stroke, and that it is 1/4-3/8" off being correct for the 450, especially if you put a 51 tooth sprocket on. Does anyone know if it is to close to the swingarm, or to close to the sprocket. I want to change mine, and curious which way to go? Thanks:confused:

I would go with a TM Designs model. I had the same issue when my 06 was new. I put a TM model on it and have had no problems at all. I run a 51 tooth sprocket also with no problems. Bashed a few rocks with it too and as far as I can tell it's indestructable.

Same here. I destroyed the stock one in a few rides, but have been running the T.M. Designs model with no problems at all. It's been on the bike for a few months and still has plenty of life left.

I'm on my third one. I'm trying the TM one this time myself. Note it took a little grinding and elbow grease to get it on. There is a lot of overpour (if you will) on the plastic, so you have to cut away the excess to get it to go in.

Are you replacing the plastic only? or are some of you, in the posts above, talking about putting a whole new TM design chain guide, including frame?. If so, does the TM's design eliminate/slowdown the wear out time? There was talk that the stock chain guide is positioned in the wrong place.

I see, the TM design is all one chunk of plastic. There is no metal frame around the plastic...is that correct. I think i'm finally catching on!:bonk: I have never used a TM design chain block.

That is correct. It is one big piece of hard plastic material. Replace the whole chain guide with it.

i have a 52 tooth on the back with the stock gaurd still on the bike! what problem are you guy's having?