Sign in to follow this  

Different Forks For A ttr

I just wanted to make a list of all racing style forks that will fit on a ttr 125.

I know there are the yz 85s but what else.

Kx85 forks will fit up easliy. -I have an extra set for sale. cr85, and rm85. I have also just installed some rm80 forks. They are great, and work just like the other inverted forks, but look like the ttr style. I just had to show everyone that they work and work good, so these are for sale also. pm me for offers.

Just installed Smartt Yamaha127's KX 85 forks this weekend.

Fairly painless, except that I still need a set of head bearings. I installed the rest of it using a KX caliper and master. TTR wheel went on quite easy with three washer shims to the opposite of the disk, and one on the disk side. 2 washers for the caliper, as I'm pretty anal about getting things "right" in the middle. Rear swinger went on easy except that the bolts on the 2005 are longer than that of the BBR swinger. Ordered a 2001 axle bolt and link bolt. Looks pretty sweet, except that the BBR gold anodizing SUX. Don't know how they came up with gold for these bikes. I'm actually going to try and REMOVE the gold with cleaning agent.

Any suggestions? Also plan on painting the cradle to factory frame blue... not fond of BBR's DISCO colors. That style was over in the 70's. :bonk:

Sweet, Im glad it worked for you. and I totally agree about those silly BBR colors. I do like the new raw aluminum frame cradle though!!!

What do you mean??? You still use the longer axle, and it will come with different spacers for it. Ya its centered i guess. I had the drum brakes, so I had to get the kx wheel and everything, so im not 100% sure but with the right spacers, it will be centered.

is the wheel centered with the KX forks???

Hence... the shims. Uh yeah it's centered... to the mm.

The axle I'm talking about is the rear wheel. The 2005 stock swinger is WIDER than that of the earlier TTR's and the BBR swinger I have. No big deal, except it's costing me a bit of cash. Has nothing to do with the KX front end.

not sure what the centering deal is......saw the great post on the yz fork conversion..on the sticky......it was a big help and its an easy conversion with the post ....big help the only thing that i didnt agree with was the off centered wheel to line up the caliper......use a grade 8 washer on each side of the ttr spacers if you use the ttr wheel. and 3-4 smaller tempered washers to shim the caliper. the bolts are long enough to do this safely and the wheel will be centered and caliper lined..get longer caliper bolts if you need to but mine were plenty long enough. i dont think the bike will track right with the front off center........

not sure what the centering deal is......saw the great post on the yz fork conversion..on the sticky......it was a big help and its an easy conversion with the post ....big help the only thing that i didnt agree with was the off centered wheel to line up the caliper......use a grade 8 washer on each side of the ttr spacers if you use the ttr wheel. and 3-4 smaller tempered washers to shim the caliper. the bolts are long enough to do this safely and the wheel will be centered and caliper lined..get longer caliper bolts if you need to but mine were plenty long enough. i dont think the bike will track right with the front off center........

Mine is one washer thickness off-set to the caliper side, and it tracks just fine. That washer is less than 1/8" thick.👍

If anyone is that great of a rider to notice, most likely they are not on a TTR.:worthy:

Ordered a 2001 axle bolt and link bolt. Looks pretty sweet, except that the BBR gold anodizing SUX. Don't know how they came up with gold for these bikes. I'm actually going to try and REMOVE the gold with cleaning agent.

Any suggestions? Also plan on painting the cradle to factory frame blue... not fond of BBR's DISCO colors. That style was over in the 70's. 👍

XXXR, get a big plastic tub, like for mixing concrete from H Depot. make sure the swinger fits under water fill it with water and a bottle of draino. the anodize will come off and then you need to polish the dull surface. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE DRAINO CRYSTALS!!!!!!!!WEAR GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION!!!!!

Mine is one washer thickness off-set to the caliper side, and it tracks just fine. That washer is less than 1/8" thick.👍

This is what I mean

find a set of yz 80/85 inverted forks WITH TRIPLECLAMPS!!! they bolt right on with one washer at the top, and you can still used your TTR wheel/hub but you need a YZ axle.

as stated in my prev post, i dont think the bike will track right with the off centered wheel.........think is the operative word here....im not sure the difference would be noticable because i didnt try it. i was just offering a different option for those who would prefer it to be centered since it only requires a few little washers. not in any way , shape, or form, trying to take anything away from the post that was published here because i used the post to make my conversion as im sure alot of others have. great post. but looking at the ttr in action post i would have to say that there are alot of really good riders who ride this bike strictly because its a fun bike. not because of limited skills.