Sign in to follow this  

KTM 300 MXC 00 no mid range

its a damn good running bike all kinds of low end but it goes from low end to wide open in the band like a 80 cc two stroke and its not even fast its gears wind out immediatly

:bonk: My suggestion is: it's in the fuel circuit.

Check the jetting, reeds, needle, carb. etc. :naughty:

The 300 makes the MOST power in the mid-range. :D

When I get mine in the open, it flys thru the gears like crazy!

Good Luck. :bonk:

power valve spring change and getting the right needle will smooth it out. The newer 300 have 3 different springs to use to adjust the hit. I asked the question on KTMtalk if they would also fit the 00 model. Im gonna try it on a buds bike to see. For now i think getting it jetted right is your short term answer. If it is running right an MXC will pull strong and smooth with enuf power to wheelie in 5th gear with the touch of the clutch.

it will wheelie in every gear till they wind out and they wind out quick and it has stock sprocket gearing and ive tried a 15 tooth 2 see if it helps but i didnt notice a change , it aint got smooth power its snappy all around , lemme no if if it works

well it should be snappy, but smooth at the same time. If you have already geared it up then thats about as good as it gets. It is an MXC with close ratio gears, not an EXC with wide ratio gears. I would get a single taper needle and look into the power valve adjustment to tame it down. Both are cheap and easy to do. If after that you are not happy its time to sell the bike and get a slow 4st.

what exactly does the powervalvue do Mike in Fresno The newer 300 have 3 different springs to use to adjust the hit. I asked the question on KTMtalk if they would also fit the 00 model. Im gonna try it on a buds bike to see. lemme know how it works , what about a ktm 2str 250 carb would it help with anything make a change or somethin

continue this on the other site since there are more guys that may know the 300, I have more exper with the 200 and Im just tryin this out myself on a friends 300 .