Sign in to follow this  

making ttr125 faster without going broke

how can i make my ttr 125 faster with out spending to much or not spending at all

Lots of great ideas in the TTR section. Jetting, Exaust mod, Airbox mod ect.:bonk:

Power cost money. Basic stuff is 150 kit, cam, carb, pipe, air filter mods.

Extra stuff would be valves, porting, ignition, lighten flywheel, balance crank, 170 kit, lighten crank.

I have a lot of the stuff on the list and my bike is still slow compared to a xr100 with a 145 kitaco kit or klx110 with a 143 kit and super head.

Power cost money. Basic stuff is 150 kit, cam, carb, pipe, air filter mods.

Extra stuff would be valves, porting, ignition, lighten flywheel, balance crank, 170 kit, lighten crank.

I have a lot of the stuff on the list and my bike is still slow compared to a xr100 with a 145 kitaco kit or klx110 with a 143 kit and super head.

I would also add that unless you upgrade the stock suspension, you'll out ride it with all the engine mods.

I would also add that unless you upgrade the stock suspension, you'll out ride it with all the engine mods.

Yeah for sure, the basic stuff that will give you more power and won't cost you an arm and a leg is to rejet the bike, remove the airbox snorkel, cut out the wire screen behind the airfilter. The next step that costs money is putting on an aftermarket full pipe. Once you do this, you'll notice a slight increase in power, but I guarantee you will still want more power and you will be thinking of getting the BBR150Kit, but you will really notice the shortcommings of the suspension with just the jetting airbox mod and pipe alone. Its up to you if you have the money and want to put into getting YZ80/85 Forks mod, and a Works Connection rear shock. For the cost of all the mods you could just get a CRF150R or an 85 2 Smoke, that has more power and suspension, you can either pay 2,000 dollars in upgrades or trade in your TTR125.

GO to BBR's website to see the breakdown of parts. Notice that a Bigbore kit costs compared to my whole bike that I traded in for 1,000 bucks.

Aftermarket Pipe 200-300$

BBR 150 Big Bore - 350-400$

Works Connection Shock 400$

Countless more parts listed on BBR's website for making a badass TTR125...

. The next step that costs money is putting on an aftermarket full pipe.

I'd have to say that a modified stock pipe is the most suitable if your intent is saving money by doing free or nearly free mods. If you ever want a big bore kit, definitely go for a bigger aftermarket pipe.

Fact is, the TTR suits everyone from a beginner to relatively advanced rider. If you want more bike, I'd agree that a purpose built competition bike would be preferable to spending crazy money on the TTR.

get better at riding, that dont cost much at all

Wise advice from a youngster. :naughty::bonk:

Some youngsters are a lot smarter than others.

As for the pipe, look at the recent exhaust thread. Removing the baffle in the muffler is better than removing the spark arrestor IMO. You'll get the same power without it sounding like a wounded elk. You can de-restrict the exhaust further by shimming the spark arrestor.

Lots of good threads on free mods, just have to take some time to read them.

You'll get the same power without it sounding like a wounded elk.

HAHA, I'm loving the analogy

BBR pipe, rejett to a 110 main, Have flywheel lightened by 1 lb. biggest diffrence is the flywheel lightening, had procycle.us do it, huge diffrence in acceleration. Mailed it to em and only costed like 60 bucks, its a pain to get off the first time though.

If you are going to take off the flywheel make sure you use a torquewrench to get the flywheel nut off...that was the biggest problem I had haha