Sign in to follow this  

Fitting Boyesen Dual Stage Reeds

Hi,

I am fitting the above reeds to my '00 YZ 125, my question is do I have to refit the stock reed stoppers? As in the instructions Boyesen supply the pics do not show them fitted. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Simon:ride:

It was optional for a while as to use the stoppers or not. At one time Boyesen included a small, flat plate that replaced them.

I would use the stoppers. The reeds last longer with them in place. They really dont hurt performance. Make sure they are set to the manual spec.

Hi,

My reeds have a small flate plate with them, its called a "rev" plate in the instructions. Is this what you meant R Cannon? If not then I guess I be taking the reed block back out:banghead:

Simon

Yes, the rev plate. I did not remember the name.

It works just fine. If it is allready in, leave it.

Just dont run without the rev plate or stoppers in place. They both add strength to the reed.

The only other thing is to make sure the screws are tight. Dont go crazy, but if they come out , its bad news. Loctite is not a bad idea.

Thanks for the quick reply, I already loctited them as it says to on install. But thanks for the headsup anyway:thumbsup: