Sign in to follow this  

any ideas?

so far i've saved up $700 towards a bike. Since i'm only 13 i can't go out and get a job, but i've got a possible summer job for this coming summer. does any body have any ideas of how i could try and get some more money befor summer?

I would mow some yards. Ask your parents for work around the house, help them out A LOT, and maybe they will help you pay for one. What kind of bike are you looking at?? If I were you I would get a used 125 2-Stroke. Try and find a 95-2000' yz125. They usually arent expensive, and cheap to fix. Also good for beginners.

i do mow yards every now and then but its hard because all my neighbors are lame and i have horrible allergys ( pollen is in full swing here in N.C.:bonk: ). Every once in a while i get paid by my grandma to do things but my parents say i shouldn't get paid for doing work for them. not shure about the bike though. i've been passing around ideas such as an older 125 or a kx100 but my dad isn't real fond of 2t's for whatever reason so i've also considered an xr250. I don't see why he should be able to make decisions about what kind of bike i get when he wont even help me pay for it.:naughty:

This time of year you could try doing some landscaping (planting, mulching, etc) or gardening work. You'd still be outside but at least you wouldn't be behind a mower stirring up all the pollen.

Parents ALWAYS get a, or not just a but the, final vote in what kids do with their money. It's part of our responsibility as parents. Yeah it's your money, and yeah you earned it, but you and what you do are our responsibility. For whatever reason he may not let you get the kind of bike you want or help you pay for it, but at least he's letting you get a bike. Many parents don't.

For whatever reason he may not let you get the kind of bike you want or help you pay for it, but at least he's letting you get a bike. Many parents don't.

this is true :bonk: